• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What happened to the forum? I was faced with doing some work

Luckily it wasn't down for long and I can catch up on all the drivel.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
      What happened to the forum? I was faced with doing some w*rk

Luckily it wasn't down for long and I can catch up on all the drivel.
      Please don't swear!

How are you?

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
        Is today trundle day or bin day?

Its trundle day here - as it is for all the best tpd posters!

No doubt LM will forget to trundle again today - despite being knee deep in empty gin bottles that HWMBO left...
        Bin - the black bin, the landfill bin. As i've been working away for the past 15 months, it's the first time i've put it out in that time. The old fella next door does the needful normally, but there's no need for the needful these days. I managed to smuggle some building rubble into it too, from the 3 remaining big bags in the garage. This time too, there's no recycling in it. The recycling thing went weird here last year. The council employed bin inspectors to make sure that only recyclables were in the bin, which is laudable enough i suppose - you can't recycle used nappies. However, the fascists b^stards were inspecting which types of yoghurt pot etc could be recycled in their facility, which is something different in my mind. So, after receiving threats and them refusing the take my stuff and the old fella having to wheel the full bin back down the drive I thought they could just take everything to landfill.

God, who knew bin day could be such fun...
        Last edited by barrydidit; 2 April 2020, 08:26.

Comment

Drizzling here now. Just as well I took a walk when I did....

Comment

Originally posted by barrydidit View Post
            Bin - the black bin, the landfill bin. As i've been working away for the past 15 months, it's the first time i've put it out in that time. The old fella next door does the needful normally, but there's no need for the needful these days. I managed to smuggle some building rubble into it too, from the 3 remaining big bags in the garage. This time too, there's no recycling in it. The recycling thing went weird here last year. The council employed bin inspectors to make sure that only recyclables were in the bin, which is laudable enough i suppose - you can't recycle used nappies. However, the fascists b^stards were inspecting which types of yoghurt pot etc could be recycled [i]in their facility[/], which is something different in my mind. So, after receiving threats and them refusing the take my stuff and the old fella having to wheel the full bin back down the drive I thought they could just take everything to landfill.

On tpd, anything can be fun!

Today is trundle day, tomorrow is bin day. And for us, tomorrow is black bin day. Which only comes round once every 4 weeks!

As a family of 5, black bin gets full quickly. Luckily there is a single bloke next door who is quite happy for us to borrow space in his....

Comment

No doubt LM will forget to trundle again today - despite being knee deep in empty gin bottles that HWMBO left...
              It's Thursday, which is garden waste day here. Except it's every other Thursday, the same week as black bin Monday. Which means no bins today, as it was green bin on Monday.
              …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by barrydidit View Post
                Bin - the black bin, the landfill bin. As i've been working away for the past 15 months, it's the first time i've put it out in that time. The old fella next door does the needful normally, but there's no need for the needful these days. I managed to smuggle some building rubble into it too, from the 3 remaining big bags in the garage. This time too, there's no recycling in it. The recycling thing went weird here last year. The council employed bin inspectors to make sure that only recyclables were in the bin, which is laudable enough i suppose - you can't recycle used nappies. However, the fascists b^stards were inspecting which types of yoghurt pot etc could be recycled [i]in their facility[/], which is something different in my mind. So, after receiving threats and them refusing the take my stuff and the old fella having to wheel the full bin back down the drive I thought they could just take everything to landfill.

Our landfill actually gets processed for recycling before being thrown out (it's been the case since back in 2000 but sometime around 2005 the Government insisted that everyone should get recycle bins so we get both) so it really doesn't matter which bin we use.

I think the only reason anyone around here uses the recycling bins is because you can't put 2 weeks of rubbish into a bin that allows 1 weeks worth.
                merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Your hair? Your mood? The weather?

Details.....
                  Hair: greys showing on account of hairdressers not being key workers
                  Mood: improving
                  Weather: bright but overcast, chilly

I have been trundling on Mondays, for the Tuesday collection. It's the end of days, I tell yea!

EDIT: I thought it was Wednesday today

Please don't swear!

How are you?

Ok ta, could be better but coping.

How's you?
                  Last edited by ladymuck; 2 April 2020, 08:20.

Comment

do not need to trundle, our bins are stored and the trash collectors get it themselves, its a paladin type bin (i know this from when i worked at the council)
                    Married

Comment

one downside to being stuck in all day, online shopping is getting worse - for non essential things not just food
                      Married

Comment

Working...
                      X