• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
    HWMBO heartily approves of your process and also suggests lamb neck or lamb ribs as an alternative to shoulder. Ribs being pricier but apparently the fat on them is good for extra unctuousness (? spel?)
    Last time I made Scotch broth with ribs/breast of lamb, I never got to taste it as it sat in the fridge for several weeks while I underwent urgent heart surgery

I usually use shoulder as I roast it for a dinner or two then use the rest in the soup, but if I’m ever getting lamb specially for broth-making I’ll go for either neck or breast

Comment

Sack washing?
      Not sure if it was auto correct or me being stupid(er). Sock washing!

Sack is on my mind as many people losing their jobs.

Tomorrow I get to hear my bonus number - though as I am guaranteed I doubt I will be surprised.

Comment

That's depressing. I'm really worrying about the number of people losing their jobs due to lock downs. I know things need to be contained but I also don't think the right level of help is going to be there for those that will need it.
        We are increasing foodbank donations. But its just a drop.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
          We are increasing foodbank donations. But its just a drop.

Likewise, except the Wailers are clearing out the shelves of the basic foodstuffs, there's not much left for food banks or others.
          …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
            Likewise, except the Wailers are clearing out the shelves of the basic foodstuffs, there's not much left for food banks or others.
            Indeed. We try to put in things like baby food, sanitary pads, even chocolate.

If twins are really not going back to school, and can't get a job(both likely) I want them to volunteer. Maybe at the local food bank.

I really hope the country is going to pull together. In a few months time things should be better.

Comment

I wish my brother had not hung himself. He would be very useful at a time like this....

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                I wish my brother had not hung himself. He would be very useful at a time like this....
                I just realized how bad that read....

Comment

A brother is for life, not just for a "crisis"

Comment

I think that was post 107K? Maybe NF can confirm as I got it wrong last time...

Comment

That's just reminded me of

best end of neck lamb - Google Search

a cut I haven't heard of in a loooong time.

Much used in days gone by for soups, stews, and such like commestibles.

I've reached page 702 of "A Bright Shining Lie".

And page 70 of "The Mitrokhin Archive".

<hiatus>

Anyone (else) stir crazy yet?

Just askin' like.
                      Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 19 March 2020, 13:59.
                      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Working...
                      X