• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
    WebEx meetings are great, if you remember to go on mute.

Most of those meetings I never have to do anything and can usually bluff my way out of napping if I suddenly find myself having to respond to something.
    And turn off video...
    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
      And turn off video...

Or put a sticker over the camera.
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Back from the metropolis of Swansea.

Exhausted now by the sheer excitement of it all.

Lunch: poached tomato and leathery scrambled egg on Morrisons sunflower and pumpkin seed toast (crust). 1.05 pints of good Glengettie tea. Bramble jelly sandwich.

Tea (once I regain enough energy): more of yesterday's roast lamb. 1.05 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Nearly fell asleep on the bus on the way down & the way back.

Nice sunny day in Swansea, nice sunny day in Neath, though it was doing its best to spoil it by raining a little.
        When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

It was nice to see daylight and a bit of blue sky on my journey home from work this afternoon.

Some eejit at Earl's Court Station decided to run in front of an ambulance that was hurtling towards towards the pedestrian crossing with its blues on. Evidently waiting for the lights to change/a safe time to cross was severely deterimental to their journey time. The ambulance didn't hit them but it did have to slow down a bit.

Comment

The reading of "The Second Sleep" has reached the bit referring to the ongoing centuries old war with "The Northern Caliphate".

Now I wonder what was being referred to there then.

I spent a fair amount of time searching for a copy of "Pavane" by Keith Roberts, with no success.

I suppose it'll have to be Amazon(tm).

Ho hum.

Tea was as disappointing as yesterday's Sunday dinner was.

Ho very hum.

The only bright note was finding half of the rice pud in the fridge, it having been forgotten about.

It's gone now.
            Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 17 February 2020, 19:10.

Comment

The Polish café seems to be busy again this evening

I must admit, I’m starting to get a bit fed up with this getting-dark-early thing now. A few months of it is all well and good, but I’m about ready for it to be still at least a bit light around this time

Comment

Ribs and chips for tea

Comment

Tea was more of the cassoulet with a nice beetroot and feta salad and homemade coleslaw.

HWMBO says he's frozen a couple of portions of the cassoulet for me. There still seems to be an awful lot left!

Comment

Trying to decide what to watch. I think maybe something bleak and Nordic is called for

Comment

The evening's entertainment:

Oak Island Nutjobs: found 3 parallel walls backfilled with clay in Smith's Cove.

No idea of the relevance, may be associated with the box drains.

Some Californian nutjob waffled on about the Knights Templar, the French, the American Revolution, Some flag that George Washington invented in 1776, and the nutjobs showed a stone on a beach which had a very similar inscription on it to the tree on the flag.

No sign of Gary.

The geotech in the swamp got done overnight to reduce interference from wind noise.

And that's more or less it until the next season.

Followed by "Highlander: Endgame" which I didn't understand much of since it involves the tv series I've never watched: as in who the feck is Duncan McCloud?

Seemed to be mostly martial arts which was pretty tedious with much pressing of buttons to find out how much fecking longer it was running.

This one did have the advantage of not being 4:3.

Comment

Working...
                      X