• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    Please keep me updated. Another hour of my life saved. Cheers for taking one for the team.
    2 hours: they're showing double eps at the moment for some reason.

Morning all

Grey.

Dark.

Dank.

Dreary.

Drizzly.

Dreadful.
    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
      2 hours: they're showing double eps at the moment for some reason.

Morning all

Grey.

Dark.

Dank.

Dreary.

Drizzly.

Dreadful.
      I stand corrected. Thanks for taking two for the team....

Comment

2 months? More likely 5 billion years. And it will only be saved by the sun exploding.
        Well I am kind of hoping as we move past the Winter Solstice on 22nd December and move towards the 2020 Spring Equinox on March 20th then we should start to see the days lengthen and thus the sun should be up prior to 7am in Manchester.

Well I mean that is what has been happening for the last lots of years - fingers crossed it carries on!

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
          Well I am kind of hoping as we move past the Winter Solstice on 22nd December and move towards the 2020 Spring Equinox on March 20th then we should start to see the days lengthen and thus the sun should be up prior to 7am in Manchester.

Well I mean that is what has been happening for the last lots of years - fingers crossed it carries on!

I am sure the sun will be up. But it will be behind lots of clouds....

Comment

I hate people this early in the morning.

Actually I correct that. I hate people.
            I second that. Little wasps and rhinos are much nicer.
            bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
            John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Morning denizens

Grey, rainy, 9°C

That’s standard now, though the forecast is for clear weather at the end of the week, which will cause overnight temperatures to plummet

Comment

In with the hoi polloi.

Not inundated with the Universal Credit claimants this morning so it's quieter.

The farter, however, has arrived.

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
                I second that. Little wasps and rhinos are much nicer.
                I was innerested to see that the little waspies infesting one of the gravestones (actually a monument) in the cemetery are still active.

It seems a bit late for that but they presumably are happy enough.

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                Morning denizens

Grey, rainy, 9°C

That’s standard now, though the forecast is for clear weather at the end of the week, which will cause overnight temperatures to plummet
                Any chest pain?

Just askin' like.

Byeeeee
                Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 26 November 2019, 10:20.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
                  Any chest pain?

Just askin' like.

Byeeeee
                  Not yet. I’m expecting the cold weather at the weekend to cause problems, as both the previous incidents were during exceptionally cold spells

Comment

Just been out for lunch. Which was grapes.

Saw someone step on a zebra crossing. Policeman driving onto it did not bother to stop. To be fair if he did wave an apology.

Imagine if it was the other way round? I bet I would still be out there being breathalyzed....

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                      Not yet. I’m expecting the cold weather at the weekend to cause problems, as both the previous incidents were during exceptionally cold spells
                      Let's hope it's ok this year.

Walk walked.

Used the road today since it's drier than tramping along muddy paths.

As I came back down past the cemetery a funeral had just finished and I nearly got run over the hearse.

The sun's come out.

Oh.

It's gone in again.

Various grubby jeans and overalls are in the el cheapo washing machine on express 20 which shifts a bit of the dirt and is sufficient unto my needs.

I may hang most of it on the line.
                      Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 26 November 2019, 12:35.

Comment

Working...
                      X