• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning all

Undry.

Unwarm.

Unsunny.

You can tell that it's a Saturday just by looking at the weather.
    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 9 November 2019, 10:21.
    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Mrs BP got a 2020 calendar for the fridge. The main fridge that is - not the other 2.

Anyway it a Blue Planet 2 calendar. It comes wrapped in plastic!

At this rate there will be wildfires in Australia. Wildfires in California. Glaciers will start to melt.

And Wales will not have rain....

Comment

morning

very misty here, anybody out there?

Comment

morning!

Persisting it down here. Need to venture outdoors at some point but in absolutely no rush just yet. Luckily the hotel supplies umbrellas

Comment

Morning denizens

I carefully checked that all alarm clocks of any kind were disabled before going to sleep last night. Still sort of woke up briefly once or twice, around seven and eight o’clock, but had no trouble going straight back to sleep. Now properly awake, and feeling most refreshed

Quite sunny and Simpsonesque out there, but chilly: the official sources give it as 3°C (up from 2° about twenty minutes ago), though no frost on the old stable roofs out the back

Comment

Damply in with the hoi polloi.

It's pissing down out there.

Currently wondering what to have for Sunday lunch.

Wondering wtf is going on across the room.

Wondering at the level of flatulence.

From the looks of things I won't be going for a walk today.

Too to bother getting soaked any more, even if the exercise is supposedly good for one.

Comment

<sing> I was born under a wondering star </sing>

Byeeeee.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
                  From the looks of things I won't be going for a walk today.

Too to bother getting soaked any more, even if the exercise is supposedly good for one.
                  The walking is good for you, but the acute respiratory disease caused by the inclement conditions isn’t. On average you’d remain the same as they'd balance each other out, but the same could be said for doing neither

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                    The walking is good for you, but the acute respiratory disease caused by the inclement conditions isn’t. On average you’d remain the same as they'd balance each other out, but the same could be said for doing neither
                    In the event it stopped raining and the sun came out, suckering me into going for the aforementioned walk.

It started raining again about halfway through, about a minute before I arrived at the viewless point.

Remarkably slippery in parts.

Lunch is about to be poached tomato and scrambled (non leathery) egg on Morrisons pumpkin seed toast.

Updation on the quality will arrive shortly.

It was very nice.

Bit heavy on the hot smoked paprika though.

Followed by 1.05 pints of Good Glengettie Tea.

Yum.
                    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 9 November 2019, 13:09.

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
                      morning

very misty here, anybody out there?
                      Only been out once. For coconut milk powder. Its hard to get in supermarkets.

Comment

Working...
                      X