• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
    Downsizing to a 3 floor 4 bedroom terraced house with a small front garden and a small rear garden.

Sounds ideal.

Rather more ideal than a small 3 bed (2 bed & boxroom in actuallity though someone did sleep in the boxroom back in Ye Goode Olde Days long long ago.

Whereas there's not enough room for just me & my accumulated rubbish.
    seems to be the land that's problematic then?

oh, and 'em next door

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
      seems to be the land that's problematic then?

oh, and 'em next door
      You might think that but I couldn't possibly comment.

Two of Strangelove Mater's fecked up vacuum cleaners from next door are apparently on their way down the dump without my assistance, which makes a pleasant change.

It must be said that in her later years Strangelove Mater had a fine method of fecking up vacuum cleaners.

Just listened to an interesting prog on R4 about B&M and Poundland.

It was very good, and unlike SWH it didn't mention homosexuality, lesbians, transsexuals, or any of the right on tulipe that seems to obsess the BBC.

The spag bol was as nice as expected.

I couldn't tell by looking in the freezer if it was spag bol or chili con carne.

It turned out to be bol.
      Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 6 July 2019, 17:02.
      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

The Wife (tm) is in extreme pain in her jaw.
        I have a plant in the garden which would ease her pain.
        It’s legal to grow, but if I cut the seed heads just after it flowered, I’d be breaking the law.
        …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
          The Wife (tm) is in extreme pain in her jaw.
          I have a plant in the garden which would ease her pain.
          It’s legal to grow, but if I cut the seed heads just after it flowered, I’d be breaking the law.
          Indeed it's a very good year for those, they're sprouting like weeds.

Though the Californian ones aren't nearly so useful.

Comment

Have to do me own food shopping now. The supermarket car park has one of those number plate recording things where your number shows on the screen. Oddly, mine did not show up although those from in front of me did. Checked to see if my plate has fallen off or got covered in mud but it was ok. Odd.

Those face recognition things at airports, does it mean you won't be able to do anything to significantly alter appearance from what's on the passport, like grow a beard or shave your head?
            bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
            John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

In the Chinese

And pretty knackered after moving desks around, then building a 2x2 Kallax and installing two cupboards in the bottom half and two sets of two drawers in the top half. Back’s not happy, but it’s done and I have storage space

Comment

outside a chinese, and very nice too.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                  In the Chinese

And pretty knackered after moving desks around, then building a 2x2 Kallax and installing two cupboards in the bottom half and two sets of two drawers in the top half. Back’s not happy, but it’s done and I have storage space
                  Not sure I understood any of that.

This evening's first feature was "Scrooge (1951)" with Alistair Sim, Jack "Evening All" Warner, and George Cole.

Scrooge (1951) - IMDb

It was very good and had bits in it that aren't in other versions.

Tonight's 2nd feature is "Gardens of Stone (1987" with Jimmy Caan, James Earl Jones, Dean "Boy with Green Hair" Stockwell and D.B.Sweeney.

Gardens of Stone (1987) - IMDb

In other news, it's raining.
                  Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 6 July 2019, 20:50.

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
                    outside a chinese, and very nice too.
                    Me too now

Back's still not happy

Serves me right for doing something moderately useful with my Saturday like building IKEA cupboards, rather than watching sport on Sky or whatever it is "normal" people do

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                      watching sport on Sky or whatever it is "normal" people do
                      Not much chance of any of that in TPD.

Comment

Working...
                      X