• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Source code for Furby (PDF), which it turns out was powered by a 6502: http://www.seanriddle.com/furbysource.pdf

Quick reference for the hardware in the comments at the start, too

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
      Source code for Furby (PDF), which it turns out was powered by a 6502: http://www.seanriddle.com/furbysource.pdf

know nowt about this newfangled stuff.
      dinosaur, me

chicken jalfrezi for dinner.
      freezer now empty of precooked(home) meals.
      have to get back in that kitchen and make a noise with my pots and pans.

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
        know nowt about this newfangled stuff.
        dinosaur, me

chicken jalfrezi for dinner.
        freezer now empty of precooked(home) meals.
        have to get back in that kitchen and make a noise with my pots and pans.

maybe i'll play big joe, bill haley, and chuck on a loop, for inspiration??

Comment

Remember the advice from SueEllen a couple of years ago:

I tend to use the Oxy stuff on things like a towel wash at 60°C, just because. But it seems to help as even my 40°C washes don't tend to get smelly unless I forget about them and leave them in overnight
          It might be because the towels were done in the Logik machine for several weeks, may be the Logik 60 deg C isn't as feck off hot as the Miele 60 deg.

It's certainly not as hot as the Miele 90 deg.

What Oxy stuff would that be then?

Ah.

Must be how Skynet got The Terminator code sorted out.

Only just finished tea, which was more of that Morrisons BBQ chicken from yesterday.

It was quite nice cold.

Spent much of the afternoon doing very very poor welds on the front gate.

Thin rusty metal and arc welding do not make a good combination.

Never mind, painting the damn thing with Hammerite should cover a multitude of sins.
          Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 13 August 2018, 19:45.
          When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
            It might be because the towels were done in the Logik machine for several weeks, may be the Logik 60 deg C isn't as feck off hot as the Miele 60 deg.

It's certainly not as hot as the Miele 90 deg.

What Oxy stuff would that be then?
            Turns out it's "oxi": https://www.vanish.co.uk/products/

I use the ordinary powder one; one scoop or so in with stuff like towels

Comment

Roast chicken dinner for tea. Very nice, it was; very nice indeed

Comment

I have a skin lurgy (Impetigo) which google tells me is highly contagious. I think my pillowcases definitely need a hot wash.

Fortunately the antibiotics are topical, so I'm not off the booze

Comment

Turns out it's "oxi": https://www.vanish.co.uk/products/

I use the ordinary powder one; one scoop or so in with stuff like towels
                  Is that as well as the Persil or instead of?

This evening's televisual epic after the DIY & the late tea was "Fallen" with Denzel Washington.

It was rather good in a creepy kind of way. :

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0119099/
                  When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
                    Is that as well as the Persil or instead of?
                    As well as. I use those gelatinous vesicles that go in the drum, and put a scoop of the powder in the drawer.

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
                    I have a skin lurgy (Impetigo) which google tells me is highly contagious. I think my pillowcases definitely need a hot wash.

Fortunately the antibiotics are topical, so I'm not off the booze

Definitely sounds like adding the powder or similar to the wash might be worth while

Comment

Tonight's world cinema experience was Good Bye Lenin! (2003), a German film in which a woman who is a loyal and devoted citizen of the DDR is in a coma throughout the events of late 1989. When she awakes, her son is fearful that the shock of learning that the state to which she was so dedicated has crumbled away would kill her. So he sets out on an elaborate scheme to pretend that the Berlin Wall never came down and everything is just as it was, which rapidly becomes very complicated despite his mother, in her weakened condition, being confined to her bedroom. Very funny at times, but also kind of sadly nostalgic in parts. Worth a watch should it come your way

Goodnight all

Comment

Working...
                      X