• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

<cough>

I suppose we do all realise it ain't going to stop raining until mid March?

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
    hissing down in sarf herts again.
    it's So nice to look out at green stuff again, the dessicated yellow colours weren't so pretty.
    All well & good but it's going to start fecking growing again now.
    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 12 August 2018, 07:39.
    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

ok egg+bacon brekky.
      Peanut butter butty lunch
      Harvester 83 combo for tea.

a few glasses of wine.

Hours - Paul Walker's last movie which was actually quite good.

Eton Alumni Eddie Redmayne's "fantastic beasts..." which was heavy on CGI but not bad.
      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
        The increasing proof of the decay of the Strangelove memory was confirmed by the repeated purchase of "Knight & Day", Tom Cruise, Cameron Diaz, which I realised I'd seen before about 3 minutes in when she's pullig a set of carbs & an inlet manifold off a GTO V8 in a scrapyard.

Ho hum.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1013743/

Ho very hum.

Despite this I rather enjoyed it up until the 3rd act, by which time I was falling asleep, which didn't help much.
        This was tonight's entertainment (in the "Extended Edition", even) and I thought it was (deliberately) rather silly, but tremendous fun

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
        No Chinese tonight as I'm not hungry, having eaten well of the barbecue this afternoon
        I ended up feeling a bit peckish and making a fish finger bap (wholemeal) during the film

Goodnight all

Comment

Bacon and mushroom butty - nom

Comment

Off for another day's plastering/sanding/filling/painting shortly. Happily it's rainy so a) i'm not missing out and b) it'll be easier as the plaster won't dry out so quick

Comment

Currently 19.8 in the living room, 18.1 in the laundry room, with a min of 13.2.

Brrrrrrrrrrr.

And it's been chucking it down in buckets overnight.

On the dvd front, the pile of duplicates is now about a yard high.

And that's merely the ones I know about.

The discard pile of dupes elsewhere must easily achieve 2 feet tall.

I was rather pleased with yesterday's acquisitions which include the Bogart 3 dvd collection containing "The Treasure of the Sierra Madre", "To Have and Have not" and "They drive by night".

Also purchased was "I Claudius" and "Abigail's Party" for that genuine 4:3 1970s feel.

I wasn't overly impressed with "Bonnie and Clyde" as mentioned above.

<brief hiatus>

Sun's out.

Not raining.

And the living room has achieved the dizzy heights of 21.1 deg. C.

Dunno how since there's no heat in here apart from the various set top boxes gently humming away watching tv for me.

22.2 deg now.

Sun disappeared and it's grey again, but currently not precipitating so far as I can tell from here.

The thing that tulips outside the living room window is still at it.

Probably cat.

I've sprayed mosskiller over the moss to see if that will a) kill the moss and b) discourage the anonymous tulipter a bit.

Lunch was BarBQ chicken drumsticks & thighs, Morrisons, reduced, BBE yesterday.

It made rather a pleasant change from the endless lamb & beef.

The lamb is becoming more difficult because I can't judge how much meat is on a half leg.

I may buy one just to find out.

Once I've drunk my tea and done the dishes, then it'll be time for the Sunday afternoon shop.
              Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 12 August 2018, 12:17.
              When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning denizens

Grey out, after a rainy night petering out into occasional light showers this morning

But we might get some more rain tonight

Comment

Frankfurters

inna bun

wiv lots of yellow mustard

very tasty

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                    I came across a couple of letters to the people who live at a similar, but different, address a couple of miles distant. Usually I drop these off when I'm going shopping, as it's barely even a detour to go there.

These, however, arrived last December. Shortly after that, of course, I was off to hospital, and I'd forgotten all about them

And something else came for them a couple of weeks ago, which I've forgotten to take with me whenever I've been down that way.

So I finally got around to making a proper label template that precisely fits the pack of 21-per-A4-sheet labels I bought from Staples years ago in a these-might-come-in-handy spirit, and printed off a sheet of labels requesting redirection to their actual address rather than ours. Now their severely-to-moderately delayed items are safely in the pillar box on the corner, and no longer my problem.

I'm not sure why I didn't think of doing this before as it's loads easier
                    All three items were posted back through our front door yesterday

Comment

Bacon butty for lunch

Comment

Working...
                      X