• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just ground to a halt.

I've already eaten half my lunch.

According to the rather fine mercury thermometer on my desk it's currently 24.5 deg C.

It's calibrated in 8ths of a degree C.

Must have cost a fortune.
    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 18 July 2018, 09:51.
    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
      Just ground to a halt.

I've already eaten half my lunch.
      Test systems went down for ClientCo earlier. I was the first to notice it at 8.15. I raised a helpdesk ticket. Next person to notice it was an end user at 8.40. First IT permie to spot it was at 9.50. Still not fixed.

Oh, and it's not CBS here today, we have clouds but no rain.
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Roast pork and apple sauce sandwich for lunch

Nearly finished the roast pork now; just enough left for another small sandwich. Might have that later.

Comment

Apropos of nothing at all, I just remembered a chap I knew years ago whose idea of a summer holiday was to get the train to somewhere miles away - say Keswick, or Bath: that kind of distance - then walk back to Leicester. No hotels or tent or luggage of any kind; just what he stood up in. He'd kip in barns and woods and what have you on the way back.

EDIT: actually, he may have had a bag for OS maps and water and so on, but nothing more than a small thing he could sling over his shoulder.
          Last edited by NickFitz; 18 July 2018, 14:10.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
            Tonight's film was Jack Reacher: Never Go Back (2016). OK, though not as good as the first one I felt

Goodnight all
            And the first one was dire! I say that as someone who has all Jack Reacher books and 2 signed copies.

They should have let Lee Child have his choice for Jack Reacher - a 6 foor 5 inch ex-marine. Not a dwarf....

Comment

And here we are, back in the slough of despond.
              Why the Slough of despond? If only there was a poster her who could give us the high points of Slough.

Though my sister worked there - those leaving the site were advised to go out in pairs!

Comment

And here I am back in the slough of despond, not to be confused with The Slough of despond.

Having buggered off home to let the council oik inspect the demised parents' abode, I got there to discover that a) I was there and b) all the fecking keys were in Swansea.

By the grace of whichever sky fairy is applicable, the builder was there too.

And the builder gave a far more detailed explanation that I was capable of so I buggered off back here to the slough in a successful attempt to find said keys & save myself from kipping in the shed with the rats and cats overnight.

I have now discovered that you can make more than one journey on a season ticket on the same day.

I didn't know that.

Originally posted by GreenMirror View Post
                Why the Slough of despond?
                Why not?

It's a mire after all.

Dear Deity, many thanks for the key thing.

And now I'm stuck here til about 5 to make up for lost time.:suicide
                Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 18 July 2018, 15:35.
                When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Having buggered off home to let the council oik inspect the demised parents' abode, I got there to discover that a) I was there and b) all the fecking keys were in Swansea.
                  Suboptimal

By the grace of whichever sky fairy is applicable, the builder was there too.

And the builder gave a far more detailed explanation that I was capable of so I buggered off back here to the slough in a successful attempt to find said keys & save myself from kipping in the shed with the rats and cats overnight.
                  Good save!

Comment

Tea tonight has been chicken tikka masala with the usual bits

I've decided to embark on a process of using up all the various frozen soups, curries, casseroles and what have you. No good reason for it, other than to start all over again.

I reckon I should be able to get through them all within a couple of weeks if I don't cook too much.

Comment

Originally posted by GreenMirror View Post
                      Why the Slough of despond?
                      Why not?

It's a mire after all.
                      As I'm sure DrS is aware, it's from Pilgrim's Progress: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slough_of_Despond

Thought to have been inspired by a marshy area between the villages of Harrowden and Elstow

Comment

Working...
                      X