• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Italian here, too, - ragu alla bolognese from the freezer, with farfale and lashings of paremegiano

oh, and a nice chianti

Comment

Change of plan for tea: turns out I'm going to the pub shortly but the chicken won't be ready until the time I leave at the earliest, so now it'll get to spend the night developing its flavour, and be consumed tomorrow.

Luckily I had some BBQ ribs in the freezer, so I've had a quick ribs and chips instead

Comment

This evening's entertainment for the terminally exhausted started with "Maleficient" with Angelina Jolie.

A Disney epic but I really enjoyed it.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1587310/

Followed (after the ST thing on R4 at 20:00) by "Entrapment" with Sean Connery and Catherine Zeta Jones look you.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0137494/?ref_=nv_sr_1

It was pretty good all in all.
        When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
          This evening's entertainment for the terminally exhausted started with "Maleficient" with Angelina Jolie.

A Disney epic but I really enjoyed it.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1587310/

Followed (after the ST thing on R4 at 20:00) by "Entrapment" with Sean Connery and Catherine Zeta Jones look you.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0137494/?ref_=nv_sr_1

It was pretty good all in all.
          I've got Maleficent but haven't watched it yet; I welcome your positive report, because it's one of those things I picked up cheap and wasn't sure what to expect of

And I've watched Entrapment a few months back. I agree, it's good innit look you

Comment

My evening down the pub was somewhat enhanced by the fact that I hadn't had an alcoholic beverage in two weeks, as a vague gesture towards the notion of health and that. But not that enhanced; I was still able to walk home without falling over

I think I've got to the point where I actually enjoy going on the wagon for a bit now and then, which probably means that my body has got to the point where it needs me to do so. So I'll give that a go some more, but as tonight has presumably already left my liver in ruins, not till tomorrow or the day after

Comment

Tonight's post-pub extravaganza was Battle Los Angeles (2011). Reviews of this (including those by people rather than professional film critics) are mixed: some think it's awesome, some think it's dreadful. They're both wrong. It's quite mediocre, but not too bad really.

It's a bit lacking in narrative structure, which is what I think really lets it down. Incidents seem to be shoved in because they need something to happen. Characters are briefly introduced for emotional appeal, cop it for dramatic effect, and are then forgotten. Others become little more than props, like a Maltese Falcon that needs to be carted around for no good reason. Vaguely specified past events are harked back to so some character appears to have depth, but only when it helps to lift the story as it flags.

But there's shedloads of explosions and stuff.

So if you've nothing better to watch and it doesn't cost more than, say, 50p then you might as well give it a go

Goodnight all

Comment

Had another vivid dream, all scifi & weird.

Then woke up to find that the POTUS puppet had blown a gasket.

Them Ruskies don't make stuff to last these days.

Comment

Morning all Looks like a reasonable day out.
                  …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Urgh. Pollen count seems very high today.

Comment

Afternoon denizens

Very Simpsonesque out there today

Comment

Working...
                      X