• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ours rusted through, and was felled as a Brucie bonus by tree surgeon. (I say tree surgeon - he was a gentleman from the travelling community who I paid to complete the job as I had to go out, only he didn't and I had a back garden full of branches to get rid of, but I digress) - it is now about a foot lower than most washing lines, which is fine for drying pants, but not so good for king-sized sheets.

Comment

Tonight's movie, to mark the death of Tom Wolfe earlier, was The Right Stuff (1983), which I've seen before, but some time back in the 1980s so I didn't remember much of it.

I presume there is no film of The Electric Kool-Aid Acid Test because it is a story for which the world is, still, not yet prepared… oh, wait: "in development" according to IMDb: The Electric Kool-Aid Acid Test

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning all Overcast and breezy here, might even be some rain on the way.
        …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
          Tonight's movie, to mark the death of Tom Wolfe earlier, was The Right Stuff (1983), which I've seen before, but some time back in the 1980s so I didn't remember much of it.

I presume there is no film of The Electric Kool-Aid Acid Test because it is a story for which the world is, still, not yet prepared… oh, wait: "in development" according to IMDb: The Electric Kool-Aid Acid Test

Goodnight all
          There is however a documentary film using archive footage from the bus Trip that inspired the book, if you can find it.

https://www.theguardian.com/film/201...ranksters-film
          "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Last night's televisual entertainment, such as it was , consisted of the first half of Foxy Coxy's thing about 21st century space travel, which proved so tedious & so focused on the bearded twat Branson that I channel surfed and found the thing about the 125 on 5.

Which was slightly more interesting, but not by much.
            When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning denizens

Grey day here, though the forecast of rain appears to have been rescinded

A few patches of green and yellow nearby on the weather radar, mind, so it can't be ruled out…

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
                There is however a documentary film using archive footage from the bus Trip that inspired the book, if you can find it.

https://www.theguardian.com/film/201...ranksters-film
                Not hard to find, it turns out; it's available on Amazon Prime Video: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Magic-Trip-...dp/B00ET03I56/

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                  Not hard to find, it turns out; it's available on Amazon Prime Video: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Magic-Trip-...dp/B00ET03I56/
                  I as being a cheap skate and looking for a freebie version online
                  "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
                    I as being a cheap skate and looking for a freebie version online
                    Free with your Amazon Prime subscription, if you order enough off Amazon to make having one of those worthwhile

It's on YouTube at £2.49. I didn't even realise YouTube did pay-to-view

Comment

BRB, just deleting St. Ives in Cambridgeshire from my weather app now I don't have to go there any more

Comment

Working...
                      X