• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning all

Out early on the bike, lovely morning, bright and cool.

Kept hearing these odd popping noises, no idea what they were. Also, at one point a pigeon appeared to spontaneously drop dead and fall out of tree at the side of the road. Weird
    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
      22Short, 22LR, 22Long, or 22 popgun?

Just askin' like. .
      Good grief, that brings back memories. I still have my .177 BSA Polaris. I can’t have touched it in 20 years.

Morning all, btw!
      "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
      - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Here early because I’m expecting a busy weekend moderating followinG the AML ‘be aware HMRC are on to you’ emails.
        "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
        - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Back from a the first trip to the dump today, followed by a trip down town shopping.

During which latter, another foot of 2nd hand dvds were purchased.

One of which was the 1960 Rat Pack version of "Ocean's 11".

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0054135/

I wonder how it will compare with the more recent version

I'm just sat here at the moment due to incipient exhaustion due to the non stop trips down the dump with accumulated glass & other tulipe.

I've just bought a Wilkinsons' glass cutter to reduced the big panes to sommat a bit more likely to fit in the car.

I think I'll chop up some of the wood that's been extracted from the Strangelove parents' house during the refurb so it fits in the car.
          Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 21 April 2018, 11:50.
          When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Afternoon denizens

Sunny again

Sadly, our thunderstorm seems to have been pushed back to much later tonight, and may not even happen at all

Comment

Afternoon all
              Just back from extracting the gear from last night's gig from the venue.
              I think i need to be in a bigger band, - three piece power rock/blues leaves no place to hide
              and less bodies to hump gear!

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
                One of which was the 1960 Rat Pack version of "Ocean's 11".

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0054135/

I wonder how it will compare with the more recent version
                They're both on my list of things I should probably get around to watching at some point.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                  Sadly, our thunderstorm seems to have been pushed back to much later tonight, and may not even happen at all
                  Ooh, it's suddenly getting cloudy out, and now we've got a 60% likelihood of one in the next hour

Comment

No storm yet, BUT sausages in soft white rolls for lunch

Comment

FAO NickFitz (although I'm sure he's seen it already.

"Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Working...
                      X