• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    As previously explained, no can do: they can't or won't set up a VPN, nor will they allow any data offsite. And there's actually plenty to do, but I just don't want to go there any more

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
      As previously explained, no can do: they can't or won't set up a VPN, nor will they allow any data offsite. And there's actually plenty to do, but I just don't want to go there any more
      They won't.

They could do it if the CEO asked for it.
      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
        They won't.

They could do it if the CEO asked for it.
        Oh, no doubt. They operate multiple data centres and sell IT services to multinational and governmental clients, for Chrissake; they must have somebody who knows how to set one up

Roast beef butty and crisps for lunch

I seem to be having roast beef for lunch all the time now; I had a load in the freezer, which I finally finished last week, then I roasted another joint last night.

Comment

Home!

Bit of rain for the last ten miles or so, just to put a damper on any rumours of spring

Comment

Another long-running script on the go

This one denormalises a bunch of info about links and tweets into a table used for the data shown on the page, as it's getting rather inefficient doing a bunch of joins across tables with millions of rows for the sake of displaying a few dozen items

Oh, and it also ensures I only see any given link once, with the ability to see if it's been tweeted by multiple people, and who they are if I so wish.

It should be finished in about four hours

Comment

ragu alla jockinese with penne and a blizzard of parmesan for dinner.
              recording again tomorrow, quite looking forward to it, - but not the aches of the aftermath

<very complex song> - take 24, etc

Comment

Ribs and chips for tea

Suppose I'd better get to sleep soon

Comment

TFBSZ
                  …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Some figures: out of 705,434 links in the database as of about ten minutes ago, 52,651 have been tweeted more than once, such that there are 161,038 occurrences of them. Therefore, the number of unique links is 597,047

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning denizens

Looks like quite a nice start out there today

I suspect sunglasses may be required for the journey east

Comment

Working...
                      X