• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning all
    Cold dog walk earlier.
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Feck I'm bored
      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post

Feck I'm bored
        You and me both. Seriously considering not renewing at the end of next month and taking a few months off to do stuff that I actually enjoy.
        "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
          You and me both. Seriously considering not renewing at the end of next month and taking a few months off to do stuff that I actually enjoy.
          You've been saying that for over a year!!!
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Feck I'm bored

Getting that way too, client keeps offering renewals - loath to decline when it's a decent rate and mostly WFH though.

Been 16 months on the same gig with only xmas breaks and the odd few long weekends here and there. Be nice to have a couple of months off to do my own thing now really.

But I keep thinking of money
            Do what thou wilt

Comment

Just deleted around 200 lines of code. It’s been a productive morning

Roast beef sandwich (wholemeal) for lunch

Comment

Feck I'm bored

You clearly need to spend more time in TPD

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
                  Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                  You've been saying that for over a year!!!
                  Originally posted by Dark Black View Post

Getting that way too, client keeps offering renewals - loath to decline when it's a decent rate and mostly WFH though.

Been 16 months on the same gig with only xmas breaks and the odd few long weekends here and there. Be nice to have a couple of months off to do my own thing now really.

But I keep thinking of money
                  This ^^
                  "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Home, and weekend!

Rubbish traffic around the A14-A1 area, as usual

And the chap at ClientCo didn't help by coming over for a catchup a few minutes before I was heading off, thereby delaying my departure by nearly fifteen minutes

He's circled back to his peculiar notion that time spent writing automated tests is somehow wasted. In fact, he announced that once the stuff I'm working on is done (which it just about is) he'll get another chap, fairly new to the team, to set up a load of test data and test it manually. Fine by me, and the chap is the one who'll have to maintain it, but I'm not sure what the benefit is of someone manually plodding through the process of filling in forms and submitting them when the whole thing can be done automatically

Still, if that's what they want

Comment

The pizza shop over the road is in darkness, which is very odd. There aren't even the lights on which never get turned off - assorted signs or display things or some such

Comment

Working...
                      X