• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Exercise done.

I indulged in some nice white wine yesterday evening and nearly over slept.

Luckily people are lazy at this time of year so there was space in the class.

Done some cleaning and washing on. Need to go out in a bit to give a Christmas present.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
      I will take your word for it.

Hopefully when all the kids leave home I will find out.
      Hate to break it to you - they aren't leaving. Well some will particularly the ones who can clean up after themselves and generally don't piss you off.

You will just have to chuck the rest out.
      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Couple of roasted chicken thighs for lunch

Comment

Useless fact of the day. As we see in the New Year, for the only time in history, every adult will have been born in the 20th century and every child in the 21st.
          …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
            Useless fact of the day. As we see in the New Year, for the only time in history, every adult will have been born in the 20th century and every child in the 21st.
            In physical age yes. In mental age, I am not so sure......

Comment

Forest tobagganing done. It rained. Made it very slippery. It was quite frightening. The kids loved it which is what counts.

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                Useless nitpicking of the day: there are still a few adults alive who were born in the 19th century

Comment

As I'm now reduced to getting home delivery from Sainsbury's and my doorbell is unreliable crap, I bought a wireless one off Amazon. I just wasted ages trying to get the bit that goes by the front door working. Turns out that both the diagram in the instruction leaflet and the moulded diagram on the battery compartment show the wrong way to insert the batteries

With the batteries in the right way, it works just fine

I tested this by leaving my iPad recording video up here while I went downstairs and stuck the bell push on the wall by the other bells, then ringing it a couple of times, then coming back upstairs and playing back the video

Now I'm just waiting for it to fall off the wall downstairs as soon as the Sainsbury's delivery entity uses it

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                    Useless nitpicking of the day: there are still a few adults alive who were born in the 19th century
                    Is that correct? They would have to be born before 1st Jan 1900 so 118 now?

Shall I google that or shall we pretend its the good old days and argue about it?

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                      Is that correct? They would have to be born before 1st Jan 1900 so 118 now?

Shall I google that or shall we pretend its the good old days and argue about it?
                      Wikipedia says https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o..._living_people

So 4th August 1900

Comment

Working...
                      X