• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Home, and weekend!

I had a really productive day today

Of course any residual pleasure I might have derived from this was entirely dissipated by the unmitigated crappiness of the journey back

Still, home now, and four days without anything to do - no friends visiting from London, no family gatherings, no conferences, nothing - to look forward to

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
      Home, and weekend!

I had a really productive day today

Of course any residual pleasure I might have derived from this was entirely dissipated by the unmitigated crappiness of the journey back

Still, home now, and four days without anything to do - no friends visiting from London, no family gatherings, no conferences, nothing - to look forward to
      "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
        Mentioned The Budget to The Wife (tm) last night, told her about the way Diesel cars are going to be hammered. Given that between the two of us we have 5l of smokers, she has now suggested I change my car earlier than planned.
        Might be getting a Stelvio for Christmas...
        Budget 2017: What does the diesel change mean? - BBC News

"The key thing... if you've already got a diesel car, you won't pay more." So why change?

Your wife only has a 100cc car?

Comment

I was going to go to the Dorking Beer Festival. However I then heard they had a local band. I have seen a facebook clip and they sound like a road-runner with their testicles caught on a barbed wire fence.

Comment

Chicken casserole out of the freezer for dinner, with croquettes and peas

Tomorrow or Saturday I shall be christening my new slow cooker. There's enough spare room in the freezer now for me to start making stews and things to restock it.

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
              Plum Porter - although that is not to my personal taste.
              How curious. Leaves more for those with an educated palate, I suppose.

Comment

And now, I am going to watch an episode of Whatever Happened To The Likely Lads? while lifting a glass to the memory of Robert Andrew Scarborough Ferris, aka Rodney Bewes

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post

"The key thing... if you've already got a diesel car, you won't pay more." So why change?

You won’t pay more, but the resale value of your car is tanking. Two weeks ago mine was worth 20-25k, they are now quoting 15-22k.
                  …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post

Did you read the bottom of the article? Lots of local authorities are likely to follow London and bring in clean air zones e.g. you pay more for having a diesel car.
                    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

After WHTTLL?, I watched another episode of S3 of Borgen. Still not sure why people moaned about it; it doesn't seem that much different to the first two series

The iTunes description of the programme is mildly annoying: it says something about the Danish parliament being called Borgen, and also nicknamed The Castle, which is nonsense. Borgen, of course, is Danish for "The Castle"; "Borg" means "Castle", and the suffix "-en" is the direct equivalent of the definite article "The" in English

Oh, and whilst eating dinner I watched the rest of the documentary about drugs in the vicinity of Stokes Croft in Bristol. It seems the area may have gone downhill a bit in the twelve years since I was ambling along there every night, though to be honest I'm not sure it can have gone that much further down without coming out on the other side of the planet

And the recycling bin has been taken out to its place of waiting, so I suppose I'd better get to sleep if I'm to unlock the gate in time for the bin folk tomorrow.

Goodnight all

Comment

Working...
                      X