• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    Suppose I'd better head out and run the errands that didn't get done on Friday for medical reasons
    Almost exactly this time 16 years ago I was thinking much the same thing. I went into the living room to turn off the TV, which one of my then housemates had left on when they went out, just in time to see Crossroads interrupted by a newsflash from New York. And just then, the second plane hit the south tower.

Comment

Almost exactly this time 16 years ago I was thinking much the same thing. I went into the living room to turn off the TV, which one of my then housemates had left on when they went out, just in time to see Crossroads interrupted by a newsflash from New York. And just then, the second plane hit the south tower.
      I never did go to the shops that day.

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
        ah, - without seeing it, can you jam something between the insert and the inside wall of the hole ??
        Nah, there's no meat there, it's a 4mm (or so) cap head bolt and the nut insert has even less meat than one might readily imagine.

I have considered using a centre pop.

Maybe I should delegate the problem to someone else.

At this time 16 years ago, the much loved Fiat Croma bit the proverbial dust just as the 1st tower came down.

I drove it home, switched on the tv & watched the 2nd one coming down.

I thought the MOT test was joking when he said the first tower had collapsed.

Comment

A hangover and Cyrillic subtitles on the tiny, badly tuned TV in the bar in Sofia limited my ability to judge what was going on. Lots a septic service persons were asking what was up. I didn't really give a tulip. Sitting here now, it was obviously a seismic event which is having continuing repercussions. At the time, much of what actually happened bypassed me as my sleeper train rumbled through Bulgaria/Hungary/Romania.

I went to the memorial place last October. It was raining. It felt like a place it should be raining.

Comment

i'm booked in for an MOT tomorrow - I hope the ZeitPrecedent isn't revisited

Comment

Shopping and monthly prescription collecting done

I'm surprised I've lasted this long given that every month when I go to collect my prescription, I forgot to take my own pen, and have to tick the boxes and sign the prescription to say I have a prepayment certificate using the pen on the counter that's been handled repeatedly by all kinds of diseased people

There was the odd smattering of rain here and there, but nothing worth worrying about. Then, as I emerged from M&S, a torrent of diluvial proportions descended. Luckily I was parked near the door and got into the car before the worst of it, but it was flooding the car park by the time I pulled out of my space, and I had to give a wide berth to several pools on the way over to Sainsbury's, about a minute's drive away via the dual carriageway

Now it's nice and sunny again, though with the odd drop still falling

Comment

Originally posted by barrydidit View Post
                I went to the memorial place last October. It was raining. It felt like a place it should be raining.
                A couple of days after 9/11 President Bush went to Ground Zero. After inspecting the ruins, he went over to the barricade where the public were and started to go down the line shaking hands and offering words of reassurance.

Coming to a British tourist, he opened with his standard line, "Where have you come from?" The Englishman replied "Wolverhampton."

"Wolverhampton? I don't know that town; what state is it in?" asked the president.

The man looked around at the devastation and replied, "Much like this really."

Comment

My mum had just had the video recorder repaired and was trying to tune it in so she rang me at work and asked how to connect it. She tuned it to the news after the first plane had struck and asked "are you watching TV?" then suggested that I get to a TV because something bad was happening.

So I went into the restaurant at work and had them tune into the news and watched the aftermath of the first plane and then the second one hit. And then the others after that.
                  Best Forum Advisor 2014
                  Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
                  Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by barrydidit View Post
                    Picked up a load of half price meat from Waitrose. I likes a bargain me.
                    Half price from Waitrose. I'm not sure that's ever a bargain.
                    Best Forum Advisor 2014
                    Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
                    Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
                      Nah, there's no meat there, it's a 4mm (or so) cap head bolt and the nut insert has even less meat than one might readily imagine.

I have considered using a centre pop.

Maybe I should delegate the problem to someone else.
                      Screw extracted.

I used the centre pop a dozen times to shake things up, then found the mole wrench, & by great good luck it grabbed the shaft of the nut insert and I could just get the allen key into the cap and voila! the seal was broken & the safety screw unscrewed.

It's only taken 5 days.

The thing is now mounted on the ceiling and plug into the appropriate signal source, and can I find out how to invert the image?

Can I feck.

It's very bright though, so the kiddies ought to be able to read it now.

Much lighter than the previous model (as in "not so heavy", just to keep things clear).

And the throw is wrong, so the image is much bigger than the screen, so the mounting pole thing will have to move.

To exactly where one of the lights is currently living.
                      Last edited by zeitghost; 11 September 2017, 15:19.

Comment

Working...
                      X