• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Home!

The traffic at lunchtime turned out not to be due to the van with the flat tyre, though that can't have helped, but due to the A14 being closed westbound and all its traffic desperately seeking diversions. A large pothole appeared on the viaduct in Huntingdon, and they had to close the road.

Apparently this pothole first appeared several months ago, when it caused burst tyres on a lorry and several cars, and I think it's already reappeared once since then; but it's previously reserved its activities for days when I wasn't over that way. The problem is that they're currently building the new route for the A14, a mile or two over to the west at that point, and once that opens in 2020 the viaduct through Huntingdon will be torn down. They're obviously going to spend as little as possible on it now, and even serious problems are just going to get patched up in the hope the thing will last until then. So I daresay this isn't the final appearance of this monstrous hole

The traffic was still backed up on the road past ClientCo and along the alternative route I had to take, but local knowledge allowed me to cut through the town and come out further down, where things were flowing freely, and in the end it was a pretty good run home

Comment

I still have that damn banana.
      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Glad to say that there appeared to be few potholes on the railway line from Swansea to Neath, which was a plus.

The minus was the damn thing being stuffed full of ?Coldplay? fans on their collective way to worship in Cardiff this evening.

I was informed it was ?Coldplay? by the chap I sat next to in the last remaining seat in the front carriage.

The ZeitTea this evening was liver, bacon and mushrooms with onion gravy.

Sadly the mushrooms never saw the dinner plate but got consumed rather earlier.

Yum.

It was very nice.

Last edited by zeitghost; 12 July 2017, 17:58.

Comment

I still haven't decided what to have for dinner. I'm drawn towards something casserole-y out of the freezer…

Comment

There's some stewing steak in the freezer that must have been in there for 5 or more years.

I ought to do something with it really.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
              There's some stewing steak in the freezer that must have been in there for 5 or more years.

I ought to do something with it really.
              Make a steak and ale casserole

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                I still have that damn banana.
                is that a banana in your pocket or were you hungry?
                Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Miss V2 made cheesy pasta!

mmmm
                  Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
                    is that a banana in your pocket or were you hungry?
                    Don't have pockets today.
                    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                      Make a steak and ale casserole
                      Speaking of which, that was what I grabbed from the freezer, accompanied by croquettes and petits pois; and very nice it was

Comment

Working...
                      X