• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Alias View Post
    I like the idea of the cake stop...my health prevents me from it tho
    Alternatives are available. Today I had a baguette with bacon, brie and cranberry. It was lovely.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
      Once again, Sunday evening finds me just about sufficiently recovered from the stresses of the week to start properly enjoying the weekend
      Weekends definitely need an extra day.

It's actually been proven* that those of us the wrong side of 40 are more efficient if we work 3 days a week.

*maybe not proven, but I read it somewhere

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post

*maybe not proven, but I read it somewhere
        On the BBC, so it must be true.

Three-day working week 'optimal for over-40s' - BBC News

Comment

That's good enough for me! Just need to convince ClientCo that they still need to pay for five days now

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
            That's good enough for me! Just need to convince ClientCo that they still need to pay for five days now
            Or pay for 3 days at an increased rate. (worked for me!)

Comment

Or pay for 3 days at an increased rate. (worked for me!)
              Good thinking!

Next step: five days at an increased rate

No, hang on, then we're back where we started, though with more money

Comment

Here's another good idea: What Happened When I Moved My Company To A 5-Hour Workday

Comment

Goodnight all

Comment

Alternatives are available. Today I had a baguette with bacon, brie and cranberry. It was lovely.
                    Bacon and egg rolls are also an option, or variations there-on.
                    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Morning denizens

Grey, damp start out; it's rained a lot overnight

I presume this is the beginning of the Indian summer the Met Office has been forecasting for this week

Comment

Working...
                      X