• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
    The wheel continue to grind for the new gig. Tentative start date is now the 11th May. Which is at least an actual date.
    You could have squeezed a quick gig in before it

Comment

Teapot activated!

Comment

Byeeeee

It's sunny but cold out there.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
          You could have squeezed a quick gig in before it
          Not too fussed about it tbh. Enjoying some bench time with the advantage of knowing I don't have to be looking for a gig at the same time. After working away 3 or 4 days a week for the last 12 months it's nice to be home for a bit.
          "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
            Byeeeee

It's sunny but cold out there.
            Clouded over here. Fluffy, layered kind of overcast to the east, but an ominously looming wall of grey to the west. And still cold

Comment

And rain; lots thereof

Comment

Lovely Simpsonesque sky here, sunny, windy & effing freezing.

Over the last week the clouds have been travelling in unusual directions, down the valley (instead of up), and across the valley, roughly north to south.

I can't remember seeing the latter previously.

But it explains why it's so flipping freezing.

Comment

Royal Albert Hall. BBC Folk Awards. Looking forward to Knopfler & Armatrading.
                  I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

In the kitchen (which faces roughly west) preparing dinner, conditions outside veered between "I should put the light on, I can't see if the contents of this pan are boiling" and "I should pull the blind down, the sun reflecting off this pan is blinding me"

Comment

Zero flittermice observed this evening, maybe coz it's so bitterly cold.

Night all

Comment

Working...
                      X