• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've started dealing with the whole problem of making enough chips for one person by weighing the spuds before peeling.

There've been several occasions when a deceptively-shaped spud almost resulted in me making just the right number of chips for one person but, due to weighing, I was able to add another spud and make many more than is reasonable for one person. Problem solved

Comment

Well there we are, the premade lentil <pfffft> soup has been warmed up & consumed.

Followed by prunes & custard.

Tomorrow should be interesting.

Comment

Yawn.

Currently no new born crying babies on this train.
        "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Just realised the traffic outside was sounding very hissy. Turns out torrential rain has appeared from nowhere

It was quite a pleasant evening when I looked outside about half-an-hour ago

Comment

Looks like another triumph of software engineering: Software error doomed Japanese Hitomi spacecraft : Nature News & Comment

Comment

Well the clouds are blowing up the valley today, and they've given us rain, hail and murrain of beasts in the last 5 minutes.

It's still very dark, so I've put the light on.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                Looks like another triumph of software engineering: Software error doomed Japanese Hitomi spacecraft : Nature News & Comment
                https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mariner_1

Having watched & read that stuff about the AGC a couple of weeks ago, it's amazing it didn't happen more often.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
                  It's still very dark, so I've put the light on.
                  'Tis lightening up a bit & the monsoon seems to be relenting a bit.

Comment

Sun's out.

It's going all Simpsonesque again, as if nothing rainy had happened.

Comment

Just download a trial version of visual studio for my new laptop.

Logged into my Microsoft account and my msdn licence from the clientco before the clientco before the last clientco has extended my subscription for another year...

Everyone who I knew has now left so I'm not sure who to tell.... What a shame
                      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Working...
                      X