• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shopping done, parcels collected, all brought in from the car (three trips!), orange juice poured, coffee brewed

Once I've had a chance to recover from that lot, I'll try to work out what to do with all my free time

I'm definitely not using that Amazon Locker again unless I have some other compelling reason to go into the city. They've got rid of most of the on-street parking near there, due to Richard III and the need to pedestrianise the area between the visitor centre and the cathedral, meaning you have to park several minutes walk away and then carry the parcels all the way back, or pay through the nose for two hours in the shopping centre car park when all you'll do is step out of the lift, get the parcels, and step back into the lift - the locker's about five paces away. Also, due to the pedestrianisation closing my traditional route out of the city centre, I then have to set off in the wrong direction and double back around various narrow side streets, including long waits to get back on the main road and at assorted traffic lights along the way.

Overall, it takes no longer, nor costs any more, to drive the five miles or so to the locker in the nearby town/suburb, park free outside the shop, and drive back. (Or just make a detour via it on the way home from ClientCorp.) I shall regard my choice of the new one this time as a failed experiment

Comment

Afternoon all.

Saturday morning shop done.

Lunch "cooking" in the microwave.

This afternoon's joy will be doing the washing.

Bed sheets as well this week.

Hope it stays dry this time.

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
        I felt bad turning down Microsoft
        They've never made me an offer.

But then again, I've never applied for a job with them.

Unlike Digital Research in Hungerford who expressed no interest after the interview.

Comment

I go for months at a time without the desire for chocolate, but when the tide turns, it turns. On my second Cadbury's Caramel in five minutes, and trying not to remember I've got some Walnut Whips in the cupboard

Comment

I've had two, admittedly stale, morrisons strawberry flavour donuts and two assorted flavour morrisons jam tarts.

Haven't had a jam tart for yonks before someone reminded me of them.

Comment

First batch of washing done.

One shirt had some detritus* on it, so it's in with the 2nd batch to see if it goes away.

The third batch will consist of the bed sheets.

Looks like a good drying day today.

*might have been washing powder residue.

Comment

So, how dumb do you have to be to get caught with class A, B, & C drugs?

Assuming it's not yet another sockie.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
                  Haven't had a jam tart for yonks before someone reminded me of them.
                  And I've just had another one.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
                    So, how dumb do you have to be to get caught with class A, B, & C drugs?

Assuming it's not yet another sockie.
                    Probably better than their A level results.

Posting the thread in general was pretty dumb too.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
                      Probably better than their A level results.

Posting the thread in general was pretty dumb too.

I changed my 'his' to a 'their' as the OP has given no indication of maleness apart from stupidity.

I came across a gender neutral pronoun the other day; 'thon' (from 1884). I think I might start using it.

So "Probably better than thons A level results".

https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/thon

Comment

Working...
                      X