• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In other news, the esteemed customer who's doing this stuff has managed to get sommat to work.

Eventually.

The offbuggering of the empty vessels has helped no end.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
      Danke.

However, I suspect the writing is on the wall, as it were.
      Gosh.

Was this really 5 years ago.

Comment

Afternoon denizens

Grey and cold out, again

The screwdriver of curious design has arrived. More remarkably, it fits the screws for which it is intended

When you look at screwdrivers on Amazon, the "Customers who bought this also bought…" section tends to be full of screwdrivers one size down or up. I like to think this is an algorithmic representation of innumerable people who got their screwdriver, went to use it, found it was the wrong size, swore a bit, and went back to Amazon to order the right one

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
          How about getting a vacuum cleaner and sucking the dust out?
          I thought of that; a bit like Monica in Friends using the little dustbuster vacuum to clean her upright, and saying she now needs a tiny one to clean the dustbuster

However, this isn't just a bit of dust - we're talking serious accretions. It encases the interior and parts therein like a grey, fuzzy shroud.

I also thought of dislodging it with a can of compressed air, but that would just spread a load of, presumably, highly flammable lumps of dust all over the heating element, which I suspect would lead to a cheering blaze in pretty short order

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
            I thought of that; a bit like Monica in Friends using the little dustbuster vacuum to clean her upright, and saying she now needs a tiny one to clean the dustbuster

However, this isn't just a bit of dust - we're talking serious accretions. It encases the interior and parts therein like a grey, fuzzy shroud.

I also thought of dislodging it with a can of compressed air, but that would just spread a load of, presumably, highly flammable lumps of dust all over the heating element, which I suspect would lead to a cheering blaze in pretty short order

...and said blaze would get rid of the dust.

(a bit like deliberately having a chimney fire to clear the soot, then you don't need to send a sweep up to clean it)
            …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
              ...and said blaze would get rid of the dust.

(a bit like deliberately having a chimney fire to clear the soot, then you don't need to send a sweep up to clean it)
              Real contractors send the butler's six-year-old child up to clean it

Comment

Sound like it needs a vac and a paint brush to get all the little bits out.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
                  Sound like it needs a vac and a paint brush to get all the little bits out.
                  Probably. I might get around to it in a bit, if I don't hear anything about the new specs and go to collect them instead

Comment

Dust:

Got most of that out with an old toothbrush. Popping over to Maplin for a can of compressed air now…

Comment

That looks like it's been used to try and unblock a U bend.

Comment

Working...
                      X