• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm on the train.

Comment

Originally posted by barrydidit View Post
      I'm on the train.
      Eh?

Comment

i'm on the train.
        eh?
        Oh, never mind. Caps isn't working for my lame 'shouty' joke. I wish the same applied to the chunt on his phone behind me.

Comment

The fan heater is working again!

Looks like getting all the dust out was all it required

Comment

Oh, never mind. Caps isn't working for my lame 'shouty' joke. I wish the same applied to the chunt on his phone behind me.
            There's an anti-shouting filter that detects if a post is all-caps and transposes it to lowercase

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
              There's an anti-shouting filter that detects if a post is all-caps and transposes it to lowercase
              BaLLS.

Comment

My year end accounts turned up today. This inspired me to sort out my expenses for the month, given that there's unlikely to be any change in them over the next week. I discovered that I hadn't claimed back the cost of the conference pass for ffconf earlier this month when I paid for it earlier in the year, which gave a nice little boost to the amount the company owed me

Comment

Anybody know the score with reheating pies? I fancy pie and chips with gravy for dinner, but I don't know whether it's safe to reheat the pie, or if I should have it cold

Order of events was:
                  1. Made pie filling (beef casserole);
                  2. Allowed to cool and put in the fridge overnight;
                  3. Made the pies with the cold casserole;
                  4. Baked the pies, meaning the casserole has been reheated once, to at least 80° as I recollect, probably hotter as I left them in a while longer after taking the temperature;
                  5. Cooled the pies (except the one I ate);
                  6. Pies in the fridge since then.

So that means the beef casserole will be getting a second reheating, which apparently is a Bad Thing. I'm tempted to do it anyway, as hot pie > cold pie. But will it kill me?

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                    Anybody know the score with reheating pies? I fancy pie and chips with gravy for dinner, but I don't know whether it's safe to reheat the pie, or if I should have it cold

Order of events was:
                    1. Made pie filling (beef casserole);
                    2. Allowed to cool and put in the fridge overnight;
                    3. Made the pies with the cold casserole;
                    4. Baked the pies, meaning the casserole has been reheated once, to at least 80° as I recollect, probably hotter as I left them in a while longer after taking the temperature;
                    5. Cooled the pies (except the one I ate);
                    6. Pies in the fridge since then.

So that means the beef casserole will be getting a second reheating, which apparently is a Bad Thing. I'm tempted to do it anyway, as hot pie > cold pie. But will it kill me?
                    I think it will be okay if thoroughly reheated and tio get greater temperature than it first.

But I would google it first to be sure!

Where is Norrahe when you need her?

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                      I think it will be okay if thoroughly reheated and tio get greater temperature than it first.

But I would google it first to be sure!

Where is Norrahe when you need her?
                      Apparently one thing to worry about is toxins produced by bacteria, not just the bacteria themselves. As the food passes through the temperature range where the bacteria are highly active, these toxins are produced; and the more times the food passes through that range, the higher the level of toxins.

Then there's the small number of bacteria who are able to withstand the heat due to genetic advantage. They survive, and next time flourish because their competition has been killed off, producing even more heat-resistant bacteria. Reheating gets those new ones going too, and in no time you have enough of them to cause illness, or alternatively to produce lots of toxins.

So it's all Darwin's fault, or something

Comment

Working...
                      X