• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just dodged past a load of Labour goons at the station

Comment

Suppose I should see what my in-car camera's captured today. I only had an 8GB card to put in it, and it's 1080p, so it only captures about an hour, meaning I'll have lost the nice fog footage from this morning

Comment

Barber was shut so my flowing locks are unshorn.

Spent the afternoon dismantling the remains of ZeitPater's greenhouse.

His love of 6" nails was evident, along with a love of putty and some evil brown mastic stuff that makes it very difficult to remove some sheets of glass.

The cat helped.

There's more to do tomorrow, then I have to decide if I rebuild it or not.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
          Barber was shut so my flowing locks are unshorn.

Spent the afternoon dismantling the remains of ZeitPater's greenhouse.

His love of 6" nails was evident, along with a love of putty and some evil brown mastic stuff that makes it very difficult to remove some sheets of glass.

The cat helped.

There's more to do tomorrow, then I have to decide if I rebuild it or not.
          Reminds me of that Hancock's Half Hour where he's trying to hang a picture he bought:

Hancock: "Bring me that bag of 6" nails."
          Sid James: "You used all of them last week when you were laying that carpet."

Comment

Goes well with "A pint! That's an armful!".

Thankfully I haven't broken too many panes.

Comment

Fish for tea.

And it was M&S breaded haddock fish, so extra special.

Lunch consisted of junk, Morrisons' steak & kidney pie without any noticeable kidney, baked beans, and some curious spicy meatball thingies that were reduced so I just had to buy them.

The meatball thingies were ok, as it turned out.

Comment

Things have changed.

Downloaded the manuel for the defunct telly this morning.

Manuels used to show circuitry and stuff, this manual just shows you the component layout on the pcb and bits of circuitry here and there.

Not altogether useful.

Though there are vast numbers of voltage readings for each & every pin of every chip in the damn thing.

Comment

It's Film Night Tuesday.

I was going to see The Water Diviner but body swerved at the last minute and have bought a ticket for Blade Runner:Final Cut instead. San Francisco 2019 dystopia at its best
                  "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
                  - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
                    It's Film Night Tuesday.

I was going to see The Water Diviner but body swerved at the last minute and have bought a ticket for Blade Runner:Final Cut instead. San Francisco 2019 dystopia at its best
                    Los Angeles

Comment

Looks like I might be up in that there London towards the end of the month. We're probably overdue London drinkies. Wonder if it's worth trying Ship and Shovel again (not least coz Clientco's client, to whom my services are to be rendered, are very close by...)

Comment

Working...
                      X