• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dunno.

I can remember the teletype thingie on the telly on Saturday afternoons though, with some sonorous voice giving the results.

Them were the days.

I would have been waiting for Dr. Who to appear when the tedious sport programme had finished.

I think it was around the time when there were 4 football leagues.

And First division footballers earned up to £100/week, rich beyond the dreams of avarice.

I think Stanley Matthews was still playing.
    Last edited by zeitghost; 6 April 2015, 12:13.

Comment

Afternoon denizens

All sunny and that here. I thought it was supposed to be a Bank Holiday?

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
        Afternoon denizens

All sunny and that here. I thought it was supposed to be a Bank Holiday?
        Someone's borked the weather again.

Comment

Took back off defunct telly.

Poked about a bit in a random sort of way.

Measured stuff.

Put back back on telly.

Decided to take telly to dump.

Along with the other 2 defunct tellys next door.

One of which I bought in 1981, and has a cabinet made out of chipboard, so posh.

Smoke came out of that one the last time I plugged it in.

Comment

Links!

Comment

And speaking of links, I have sausages in need of cooking…

Comment

test please delete

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
                Someone's borked the weather again.
                in the 1960's bank holidays were always sunny. Which is why we are in hornsea with sun and ice cream
                Last edited by eek; 6 April 2015, 15:08.
                merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
                  Know what you mean - I'd like to do something, just no idea what!
                  I've been thinking about that myself and I'm seriously considering buying a house for my eldest son and his wife to "rent" as a way for them to get into property ownership. They're both graduates with Ok incomes, but I can't see them affording to do it without some big help for a long time.

I've been looking at savings options and as you say they just basically go backwards.

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
                    Nor is Christmas. It's awfully strange heading out for Christmas Lunch (last time was at the Four Seasons) to walk back with everything fully open....

Are you working there or just on holiday...

I am working here. Doing an ERP rollout to a couple of newly acquired companies for a Japanese based multi-national

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                    How long is your gig there for?

It's been an 11 month slog. I have decided to call time on it come the end of April (much to their disgust) as have been offered something with less travel on 01-May.

Comment

What a beautifully sunny and warm day in Yorkshire ! At one point it was 21 degrees C at Fewston reservoir.

Been up by 7, packed sarnies, kindle and drinks and went to Fewston. Did the long circuit around Fewston and then followed Swinsty reservoir. Burnt a good load of lard

The highlight of the walk was seeing this bird in a nice transparent orange dress inside which she wore some patterned G-String without a bra. The worst bit were her stilettos

Other than that, had a decent drive back home and got the RR washed on the way.

Time to turn the mini gas BBQ on and plonk some chicken over the top

Comment

Working...
                      X