• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And home!

I know there's got to be checks that everything's correct, and there were a whole two other people already waiting when I arrived and two more arrived while I was there; but I can't see how any of that justifies a twenty minute wait for a prescription to be filled

It's a small shop and an open-plan dispensary, so you can see everything they're doing, and how many of them there are doing it, and I reckon between the five of them they would have been able to sort it out in no more than fifteen minutes if they'd really put their backs into it

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
      Something for the weekend, sir?
      They should put a bar in there, then I could at least start the weekend with a beer while I'm waiting for them to get six small boxes of pills out of the cupboard and put them in a bag

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
        They should put a bar in there, then I could at least start the weekend with a beer while I'm waiting for them to get six small boxes of pills out of the cupboard and put them in a bag
        Just buy a bottle of surgical spirit to keep yourself going.

Comment

I well remember ZeitSis getting valium instead of hayfever pills back in the day.

They're both yellow, see.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
            Just buy a bottle of surgical spirit to keep yourself going.
            And some of that nice British sherry as a mixer.

Comment

There we are, fish cooked & eaten.

Stewed gooseberries (red) and custard for sweet.

Found the strawberry donuts in the fridge so had one of those two.

Stuffed now.

Comment

Had the remainder of last night's scouse for dinner

Which reminded me that, except for a couple of momentary twinges last night, the root canal hasn't had any painful consequences, even without painkillers

That hasn't been the case on previous occasions, so I can only assume it's due to it being a front tooth rather than a back one.

Whatever the reason, it's OK by me

Comment

Will no one rid me of this turbulent thread???

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                    Will no one rid me of this turbulent thread???

Apparently not

Comment

Back from a day in the lakes.

Nice drive, a 5 mile walk and a bit of shopping before tea and home....
                      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Working...
                      X