• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
    Ooooo, tit on tit action.

Sexy.
    Indeed.

They are noisy beggers though.

In other news the leak we had in the bedroom turns out to be the fact the wood panelling on the outside of the house is rotten, it is 40 years old, so no surprise.
    "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
      Mystery solved

As I waited for the breakdown guy, it occurred to me that the "fuel low" light was among the dazzling constellation on the dashboard that illuminated as it attempted to start, and I seemed to recollect that it didn't usually come on then. So I grabbed my torch and went down to the car again. Sure enough, the flap over the filler cap had been pried open, and the filler cap was loose. Someone had apparently nicked the fuel

I grabbed the (empty) spare fuel can and popped to the Shell place down the road. While there I asked the chap, and he said somebody had reported a similar thing last Monday.

As I was almost back at the car, the breakdown chap phoned to say he was outside, so I went to get him and bring him to where the car was. I explained that it was almost certainly a fuel-theft situation. He said he'd come and do his tests on the battery etc. anyway, as then he could put the paperwork through and nobody would be any the wiser

As he tested various things I poured the fuel into the tank. Once done, he gave it a try and after a few moments it fired up, nice as pie

Then I shone my torch downwards… to reveal a stream of petrol flowing away from under the car

I called him round, adding that he should probably kill the engine first. He had a look, then got right down and looked underneath. Turns out they'd drained the fuel by puncturing the tank; the cap was just loosened to let air in as it drained

He explained that he wasn't sure what to do for the best, as all the garages we might take it to would be shut by now. I asked him what time it was; he said it was 6pm.

I hoiked my phone out and called the little backstreet mechanics I always use. Sure enough, Jason (the gaffer) answered and, when I explained the situation, said "No problem, drop it down here, I'll be here for another hour or so."

Mr Breakdown was quite stunned that I'd found somewhere open (he kept saying that his boss would never believe it), but quickly drove the car out onto the road while there was still some fuel left and got it on the back of his wagon. So we went, and dropped it off, and now I'm waiting to hear how much a new fuel tank is going to cost, and when it'll be fixed

Their reputation remains unimpeached, though they need a bit more armour plating round the fuel tank
      In numptonshire there used to be lots of problems with fuel tanks being punctured, funnily enough it was in the village not far from the local "scrap merchant" , said village also had a problem with lead going missing from the local church.
      "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by TykeMerc View Post
        How much storage space are you down as a result? I noticed some action being taken against Apple over that.
        that's the 16gb ios devices. I doubt you would notice on a laptop unless you had a 64gb version..
        merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
          It'll go on the neighbourhood watch stats.
          Indeed it will

I gave it till 8, then figured they wouldn't phone until tomorrow and went to the Chinese. So of course they phoned just as my dinner was being bagged up

They offered to call back later, so I told them to give me ten minutes. Once they'd taken all the details they were quite open about the fact that there's almost no chance they'll ever catch anyone, but with the additional mention from the chap at the petrol station they at least know somebody in the neighbourhood has been doing it, so they can add it to the list of things to watch out for.

Just got to wait to hear how much it's going to cost me to repair now

Comment

Off to bed

Parkrun tomorrow. Legs still achy from the double yesterday. Would it be very wrong to go to a different run to avoid the gloom...

To answer my own question - probably!

Comment

Morning! Just looked at my credit card bill. > £5K Think we may have spent too much on Christmas.

Comment

Mornings

Comment

The local gig I was going to start on Monday bailed on me yesterday.

I was going shirt shopping this weekend, looks like I've just saved some cash

Comment

Originally posted by FiveTimes View Post
                    The local gig I was going to start on Monday bailed on me yesterday.

I was going shirt shopping this weekend, looks like I've just saved some cash
                    grr. On the upside its January so the market should be OK..
                    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Morning all, if morning one might term it.

Comment

Working...
                      X