• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    Pan of scouse on for dinner
    Managed to catch it in the very act of burning onto the bottom of the pan

Still very nice though, once I'd rehydrated it a little and scraped the thin crust lining the pan loose

Comment

There's a lot of debate on the subject.

is one opinion, but I haven't seen any actual proof.
      I never could get the hang of Thursdays.
      "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Good news!
        She did seem impressively well, although she had forgotten she'd been ill and why she was in hospital.

Have to say I inwardly freaked when she was coughing up pink froth - it didn't take long to realise it wasn't due to an excess of Cranberry Jelly.

Sister in dilemma whether to fly over (from Oz). Mother has to decide whether to go for surgery (they won't (thankfully) do open heart surgery, but there's a relatively new procedure via catheter called TAVI - complicated by the fact that she has a congenital heart defect (bicuspid valve (have I nested too many brackets?))) or with 'management of symptoms'. The op carries (from google - I need to speak to the doc) about a 10% mortality < 3 months, but if she doesn't have it I suspect that her quality of life is only going to go downhill - they treat symptoms, but her heart gets worse and worse. Problem is, and I think this is at least partly due to her unwellness, she doesn't get how unwell she is. "It can't be that bad, or I'd have been ill". "You were ill, mum", "Was I?" I know she'll do what I tell her, but if I tell her to go for the op and she dies, I won't forgive myself. I've told her that, but doubt she'll remember it tomorrow. It also doesn't help that they can't do the op locally, so she'll either be in Southampton or St George's making visiting a lot more difficult (she had a hellish experience in St George's before, although I know doodab says they came good for him)

I guess what I'd like is a meeting between me, sis (a nurse, but currently in Oz), mum, and doc, where we all come to a joint decision whether to go for it or not. Best I seem to be able to get is a request for doc to phone me - I'm off work for the next week so can get to hosp at any point, but they only seem to be able to give me a six hour timeslot when he'll be around...

Anyway - sorry for the ramble. I guess I don't really believe in God, so in that a problem shared is a problem halved, TPD is my God substitute

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
          Mother seemed in relatively good spirits today, if rather more confused and forgetful than usual. I think maybe she forgot to be miserable.

She's now in the 'step down' unit (half way between High Dependency and ward), so think I may risk a glass of wine and assume I'm not going to get an emergency call out.
          Have a Zeity

Comment

It's Saturday.
            Yes, I suppose it must be.

Comment

Managed to catch it in the very act of burning onto the bottom of the pan

Still very nice though, once I'd rehydrated it a little and scraped the thin crust lining the pan loose
              That's the best bit.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
                I never could get the hang of Thursdays.
                And last Thursday in particular.

Let's hope we don't have one like that again for a while.

Comment

Lots of adult type decision stuff
                  Have another Zeity

Feck me that's difficult.

The doctor will only be on the ward for a given time each day, & weekends are worse in my experience.

Might you be able to arrange some sort of conference call with your sis & the medic?

(WTF do I keep typing :hugh:?).

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
                    Have a Zeity
                    Ta mush
                    It'll all come out in the wash.

Comment

Bed time now, I think
                      "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Working...
                      X