• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
    No Mods online atm
    What idiocy have I missed in General now? I've stopped looking in there for the sake of my sanity.

Comment

Originally posted by covbob View Post
      Surely anything padded and laid on a flat surface makes a great cat bed? The CovPusses are doing a good job of working round shedding hair on every flat surface (and some not so flat) rotating every few days. It's a losing battle trying to stop them.

CovPuss II has left the curtains alone though - I dug out an old spray bottle and have been using it when I hear claws applied to anything soft.
      Buy yourself a furminator, once a week and there's feck all fur about.
      "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
        Seems to be not so quiet in general.
        Tis true. I reckon some are feeling guilty about the time they're spending on here and so are looking for a bit of enforced time off.

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
        Greetings denizens

Back's playing up a bit

I suspect charging around central London, up and down escalators and so forth, with a fairly heavy laptop bag slung over one shoulder over the weekend didn't do it much good. Maybe I should get one of those small rucksack things.
        I found that shortening the strap helped and sticking it over the 'other' shoulder so the strap went across my chest. YMMV

Comment

Only 2 hours left and I can hand my laptop and badge in and get the hell outta dodge.
          "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by covbob View Post
            What idiocy have I missed in General now? I've stopped looking in there for the sake of my sanity.
            Madeline McCaan
            Rape
            UKIP

All wrapped up in the usual pointless name calling. I think that about covers it.
            "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Only 2 hours left and I can hand my laptop and badge in and get the hell outta dodge.

Comment

Buy yourself a furminator, once a week and there's feck all fur about.
                I had to google it. This kind of thing? Cat Shedding Solutions | FURminator®

If it works for you I might give it a go. They seem to like being combed and will sit still if Mrs Covbob does it.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                  Try ibuprofen. And pilates.

or at least lying on your back, knees over hips, and bicycle for 20 seconds every morning.
                  I'll definitely give the lying down bit a try

It's not bad enough to need painkillers, and it's not stopping me moving around - I may go for a walk* later and see if that helps

*to the pub

Comment

Final lap of honour around the building, handing out business cards and fake promises of staying in touch. Then finally

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
                      I found that shortening the strap helped and sticking it over the 'other' shoulder so the strap went across my chest. YMMV
                      I'll give that a try next time. Ta!

Comment

Working...
                      X