• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
    He likes to think he's reasonably tech savvy, but he really isn't.
    I know exactly how he feels.

Comment

And we're up to date with TPD.

I should have done some more work today but oddly enough I really can't be arsed.

Comment

Ooooo.

There's one of those oddly random scroll bars on that last post of mine.

I wonder why it does that.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
          Ooooo.

There's one of those oddly random scroll bars on that last post of mine.

I wonder why it does that.
          It's something to do with having a smiley on its own on the last line. Back when the forum was upgraded, it happened on IE6, and I had to work out a fix for it. Now nobody cares about IE6, and either the old fix is breaking stuff, or the old fix got removed somewhere down the line and newer stuff is behaving like IE6 used to

Specifically, it's that the smilies are displayed inline, but are taller than the specified line-height. So when a smiley is on a line, the browser has to make the line taller. For some reason, this works OK when there's text on the line; but when there's just the smiley, the browser doesn't notice that the computed height of that line is greater than the normal line-height when it calculates how big the containing block has to be. Then, when it renders the containing block, it realises that it isn't actually tall enough for the content, so it adds the scrollbar.

Or something like that.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
            It's something to do with having a smiley on its own on the last line.
            Oh, and I think it's related to whether or not the height of the post's containing block is less than the height of the containing block of the username etc. on the left

Comment

Dropped my bike in for a new tyre and chain today, bloke had got all the parts in stock and reckoned I'd have it back this afternoon. Sadly, the bike showed up as the next model on this system due to the reg plate so now it's dismantled waiting parts

Really thought I might get a ride in tomorrow, too.

Comment

Currently watching ST IV.

I like the whales.

Comment

Chekov just fell off the aircraft carrier.

Comment

One for you, MrFitz

Comment

Originally posted by vwdan View Post
                      Dropped my bike in for a new tyre and chain today, bloke had got all the parts in stock and reckoned I'd have it back this afternoon. Sadly, the bike showed up as the next model on this system due to the reg plate so now it's dismantled waiting parts

Really thought I might get a ride in tomorrow, too.

Comment

Working...
                      X