• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    :banana <- closing ":" pending…
    Shame its not current clientco. The environment team is beyond useless.
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
      I have also just eaten 2 stock cubes - with lots of water...
      Urgh! What sort of insanity is the next race?

Comment

On the train home I had a carb drink. Then jogged 10 minutes. Sprinted for 3 minutes. And that is my exercise for the day.
        I cycled to work.

There's a hill I cycle near the beginning. I noticed on Strava that I was about 50 seconds behind a guy I used to work with years ago, so really went for it this morning to try and beat him. Annoyingly, met a car coming down who had come over my side of the track to avoid a pothole, which cost me about 5 seconds. Strava tells me I was 3 seconds behind my former colleague. It did crown me QOM though. And I did have a pannier full of crap.

Comment

So if this is where the good guys hang out, I'd better be a good guy

Monday was a tough day for me. Up at 3am for the long journey to Bonn and also my best mate went into hospital for a cystectomy.

Basically he has bladder cancer. 43 years old. I did not want to share this as the recent wounds are still raw.

It didn't help as when he came round from the OP he was in agony and was apparently calling for me. I offered to get on a flight but his girlfriend wouldn't ok it. She is not to be messed with.

I am close to him. It's a strange, and very weird friendship. Like the odd couple mixed with Morecambe and Wise.

So now I guess I have now posted everything that is going on in my life. But I didn't intend to.
          Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
            So if this is where the good guys hang out, I'd better be a good guy

Monday was a tough day for me. Up at 3am for the long journey to Bonn and also my best mate went into hospital for a cystectomy.

Basically he has bladder cancer. 43 years old. I did not want to share this as the recent wounds are still raw.

It didn't help as when he came round from the OP he was in agony and was apparently calling for me. I offered to get on a flight but his girlfriend wouldn't ok it. She is not to be messed with.

I am close to him. It's a strange, and very weird friendship. Like the odd couple mixed with Morecambe and Wise.

So now I guess I have now posted everything that is going on in my life. But I didn't intend to.

Comment

<-Lizardly, no s

Stone me, suity, that's awful.

Comment

That hideous old crone Vivienne Westwood is on C4 at the moment, presumably telling everyone how hateful the English are.

Comment

Dinner is chicken curry with rice. Lots of rice!

Followed by porridge for pudding.
                  Good luck for the brutal!
                  Join IPSE

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
                    <-Lizardly, no s

Stone me, suity, that's awful.
                    The worst but is that he has me for a mate. I'm not good at the stiff upper lip stuff.

I did buy him a cheap mp4 player from argos, put his favourite series (latest, unscreened) on it. When I dropped it off to him Sunday night he wasn't expecting it, so it would have been a beautiful moment but we're both emotionally retarded.

He doesn't really do music nowadays, so I bunged some Adele albums on there too. Not to my tastes, but easy listening.

It's 2 weeks before we get results. Silly sod was complaining of weeing blood last summer but convinced me it was some pills he was taking. I look back and feel completely responsible for not marching him up the docs there and then. Never occurred to me. Took his explanation as gospel. Stupid Suity.
                    Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
                      I look back and feel completely responsible for not marching him up the docs there and then. Never occurred to me. Took his explanation as gospel. Stupid Suity.
                      Not your job to second guess Suity. Your job is to be there now.

Hope for the best!

Comment

Working...
                      X