• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    Are you there yet?
    Eventually. Home at 9:15. Started at 5:30. But very promising. Plan b could be taking off shortly!
    Beer
    is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.
    Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Morning denizens

Comment

Originally posted by FiveTimes View Post
        just had a reminder from mrs 5* to put the washing on and peg out when its finished.

Doesnt she know Ive got work to do
        Yep but that never stops them...

Mrs Eek wonders why I complain about doing at the weekend when she's had all day, everyday to do them during the week...
        merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
          Yep but that never stops them...

Mrs Eek wonders why I complain about doing at the weekend when she's had all day, everyday to do them during the week...
          Well the washing is on and I will get it pegged out when I go to make a brew next

Comment

Office chair was getting a bit squeaky when I was leaning back. quick spray of wd40 and bosh. Now clientco wont be able to hear me twizzing around on my chair during the daily standup

Comment

Think I have managed to script the creation of user accounts for UAT, but keeping it quite as the Code Monkey who usually spends two mind numbingly boring hours creating the accounts is usually good for a bit of entertainment as they complain doing so
              Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
              I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Well, that's ninety minutes wasted because some random user got confused by the way Chrome handles placeholders in text input fields: the placeholder remains visible until the user types something, rather than disappearing when the field is focused.

It's the same behaviour as Firefox and Safari. The Chrome mob changed it in November 2011. So of course Mr. User only gets confused by it when I have to deal with it

Quite interesting researching the history of it though. Apple originally introduced the behaviour in iOS, and Android copied it. Then Apple carried it over to OS X. This made Chrome behave differently across platforms, so they decided to change it. Then somebody pointed out that the HTML5 spec said the placeholder should disappear on focus. So then the HTML5 spec was changed to allow either behaviour, because after all nobody needs a clear idea of the correct thing to do from a spec

So now every browser leaves the placeholder until the user types something, except IE10 (IE less than 10 doesn't support it anyway).

Haven't checked IE11 yet.

Amusing side note: there was some discussion of whether it was right to have the same behaviour cross-platform, or to copy the behaviour of the platform. It turned out that, in Windows, some of the OS's own text inputs do it one way and some do it the other

Comment

It seems someone neglected to tell me they had given me wrong figures in a report I sent out to people.

Said wrong figures got highlighted at CEO level
                  "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
                    Think I have managed to script the creation of user accounts for UAT, but keeping it quite as the Code Monkey who usually spends two mind numbingly boring hours creating the accounts is usually good for a bit of entertainment as they complain doing so
                    You were supposed to have done that after they were first set up.... Not 2 months later....
                    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
                      oh dear, hope she's alright.
                      Seems uninjured.

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
                      Oh dear (TM). Hope there's no damage.
                      Apart from the puddle on the floor.

Comment

Working...
                      X