• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
    WTF is a 2TB rainbow table when it's at home?
    If you know the length of the password and the encryption routine being used on it you can pre-populate a table with the encrypted versions of every possible password combination. This is called a rainbow table.

Then all you have to do is sniff off the network the encrypted password and compare it to the table entries to find the plain text equivalent without having to reverse engineer the encryption process. Much much quicker than trying to do it all on the fly.
    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

The esteemed customer for whom it was ordered is going to combine it with a gps receiver to track rubbish in the ocean as part of his 3rd year project.
      Are they now? Hmm. That's very interesting.

Very interesting indeed.

Do you think this esteemed customer is likely to be successful? An industrious and intelligent characger who is developing their own ideas with little direction from others? And warrant a little prize and publicity if it works?

Or is it just another of your turn-up-occasionally-and-bugger-off-early brigade?
      My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

I'm not going to do anything with it*.

The esteemed customer for whom it was ordered is going to combine it with a gps receiver to track rubbish in the ocean as part of his 3rd year project.

Apparently.
        By creating another piece of rubbish to chuck in there as well?
        "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
          Watch it sink. Wonder how good the GPS reception is at the bottom of the ocean

Comment

morning all

I've not made it to work today. feel rough and nose is streaming

Comment

Excuses. Are you a contractor or a mouse? It's only fair to give diseases to the permies.

Morning all.

Comment

Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post
                Are they now? Hmm. That's very interesting.

Very interesting indeed.

Do you think this esteemed customer is likely to be successful? An industrious and intelligent characger who is developing their own ideas with little direction from others? And warrant a little prize and publicity if it works?

Or is it just another of your turn-up-occasionally-and-bugger-off-early brigade?
                This esteemed customer is rather more energised than the run of the mill esteemed customer.

He may actually get sommat to do something.

Ish.

My expectations have been sadly modified over the last 6 years.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
                  Every little helps

Originally posted by Bunk View Post
                  Watch it sink. Wonder how good the GPS reception is at the bottom of the ocean
                  I think it's supposed to be floaty rubbish rather than deep diving rubbish.

We did the deep diving rubbish the other year.

Comment

<cough>

<sneeze>

<cough>

<fart>

<cough>

<sneeze>

<sneeze>

<sneeze>

<sneeze>

<sneeze>

<sneeze>

<sneeze>
                    Oh deary me.

Comment

Excuses. Are you a contractor or a mouse? It's only fair to give diseases to the permies.
                      I'm a permie

Comment

Working...
                      X