• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning denizens

Frosty start again, but this time it's a grey, cloudy one too. Currently -1°C and not getting any higher than 2°, but no snow and the like expected. The barometers are up a bit at 997/1005mB

A good night's sleep was had. I think I awoke for some reason around half four, and then again a little after seven, but neither of these interstices of consciousness interfered much with the important business of snoozing

Get this coffee down me and it's off to the shops, which are probably already unpleasantly busy given the time of year

Comment

Morning.

Friday apparently.

Dry.

Sunny.

Blue sky.

Cold in here at 10.7 deg, 8.5 deg in the kitchen, 6.5 deg in the leanto, 1 deg in the saltinghouse.

1007 mBar, 29.736693 in Hg, 755.312 14.6 Torr, psi, (up from 1003 last night), 71% RH (GDR hair), 57% RH (Lidl electric).

Meanwhile on the 1st of August 2019 LM had an exam to take, WTFH was walking someone else's dog, and I extracted what I thought was chilli con carne out of the freezer but it turned out to be bol, so it was spag bol for tea instead.

Walk (abbreviated) walked in the bracing cold.

Put proper gloves on today.

The ponds are freezing over early this year, don't think I've ever noticed ice on them this early in December. Swans are pissed off.

Lunch: scrambled egg etc.

Entertainment: whatever isn't Y&Y waffling on about Angry Black Women. <click>

Great Wives at 13:45.

Apple tree demolished with assistance from another chainsaw enthusiast.

For a tree that was barely visible over the tin shed 25 years ago, it ain't half grown a bit.

Tea: chilli con carne etc.

Entertainment: PM.

Wheeler Dealers S8 E10 Chevy Bel Air: the one tub o'lard managed to set on fire on the trip to the port. Oh look, it's a 4 barrel carb, famous for spitting fire. And what does he replace it with? An 'orrible Holley. That'll spit fire even better.

Originally posted by Holley Manual
      Do not operate the engine without an airfilter in position
      It passed two MOTs, the 2nd of which expired in June 2013, so presumably MOT free.

Nazi atom bomb on Blaze.

Nazi Cro Magnon thing on Blaze.

Swedish Customs thing. No frog fat. .
      Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 1 December 2023, 23:45.
      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Shopping done!

Both M&S and Sainsbury's were busy, as expected, but manageably so. No masks but mine, as usual

I think that's almost all my Christmas-present-shopping sorted out now. It helps that my lack of knowledge of what anybody wants means they're all getting the same thing (Amazon gift card and a moderately fancy box of chocolates), and also that with the nieces going elsewhere for the occasion, I need to have theirs sorted out for tomorrow

Speaking of which, as I'm heading south for lunch tomorrow, I checked the car's tyre pressures. Due to the cold and Boyle's gas law, they all needed a few extra PSI in them, as the air I had generously provided when I last checked (probably in early autumn) was no longer occupying the volume it used to. Now that the season of having to drive in the cold to visit people draws on, it's worth a check

Comment

That should read:

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
          Both M&S and Sainsbury's were busy…
          but the editing bug has hit me. Ah well, it gives me a post to investigate once I have my access to the live DB restored

Comment

Normally my eldest brother in law does the gammon for Christmas, but this year it's my turn. I'm thinking whiskey & coke, but has anyone got any good recipes that they've used?
            …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Lunch: a Pukka steak slice

I had one that Needed to be Eaten™ within the next couple of days, but also got some more today because they were on offer. Like an idiot, I accidentally use done of today's

Oh well, I'll just have to have the other one tomorrow or Sunday

Comment

13:51 is practically 17:00 so I thought it was worth my while to go and fill out my timesheet for the week.
                Only to discover that I filled it out on Tuesday.

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                  13:51 is practically 17:00 so I thought it was worth my while to go and fill out my timesheet for the week.
                  Only to discover that I filled it out on Tuesday.
                  Well if we are honest with ourselves there is very little to distinguish between:
                  &
                  Tuesday is practically Friday so I thought it was worth my while to go and fill out my timesheet for the week.

You might as well fill in for next week while you are there?

Comment

Originally posted by Dactylion View Post

Well if we are honest with ourselves there is very little to distinguish between:
                    &
                    Tuesday is practically Friday so I thought it was worth my while to go and fill out my timesheet for the week.

You might as well fill in for next week while you are there?
                    If I fill in next week's now, what am I supposed to do next week?

Comment

Tea has been a thick-cut ribeye with chips and beans

Accompanied by a bit of Trucking Hell

I see more episodes of S7 have started to appear - looks like they'll get to twenty for this one

Comment

Working...
                      X