• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning denizens

It's a soon-to-be-sunny start, except that by the time the sun has ascended far enough to get over the buildings opposite, it's expected to be cloudy. Then rain is due from mid-afternoon, continuing through the night. Currently 11°C but it might get to 16° later, and the barometers are up a little at 1005/1018mB

Comment

Off to a good start: the mundane laundry is on

Comment

Morning all

Overcast but dry out. A fitful night's sleeps we shall see how today goes.
        …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Morning.

Damp. No current precipitation.

Wanly sunny.

Cooler in here at 17.2 deg, 18 deg in the kitchen, 15 deg in the leanto.

1007 mBar, 29.7366 in Hg, 755.3 Torr, 14.6 psi, (down from 1010 last night), 76% RH.

Monday.

Telex machine glowing particularly brightly since hearing stuff on Today earlier.

Meanwhile back in 14th Feb 2019 NF was keeping secret the identity of a film he'd stopped watching after 10 minutes due to lack of innerest, whilst I was railing at entitled millennials who failed to get the feck out when the fire alarm went off.

Entertainment: some waffling about cells, mitochondria, & suchlike.

A prog about our very own home grown disaster trolls. This made me get the gun oil out.

Shopping trip to Tesco done dusted washed dried sanitised & put away.

Shopping trip to Morrisons done dusted washed dried sanitised & put away.

I have an urge to buy spanners so maybe a trip to Lidl(tm) might be pencilled in for the afternoon if it stays dry.

Lunch: scrambled egg and poached tomato on Morrisons sunflower and pumpkin seed toasted crust, bramble jelly and marmalade on slices of rather more toasted toast than usual, a red corner yog, another yog, 0.91*1.5 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: Y&Y. TWAO. A thing about the dire state of Septic Elections.

Shopping trip to Lidl(tm) done dusted washed dried sanitised & put away. Or at least it would have been if what I went out there for had been in stock. Ho hum. Bought a T handle screwdriver bit & drill set instead. Well you've got to, it'd be rude otherwise.

Trying to figure out the sense of selling a rechargable LiIon light without the recharger. Confused now.

Stone me, that's 6.6 miles walked in total today. No wonder I'm knackered.

Tea: meatballs with rice n peas, the last of the fruit cocktail, a yog, 0.91*1.5 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: PM replete with lying politicians. And CND nutter against launching satellites from Cornwall for some odd reason.

Wheeler Dealers S14 E7: that Dodge 1-100 Sportsman van thing they chopped the front suspension out & replaced it with air suspension and wishbones plus smaller tyres on bigger wheels, the engine & gearbox was changed from an inline slant 6 4 on the floor "3 on the tree" to automatic V8.

Bought for $2k, total $16k, sold for $20k.

Car SOS: Jag XJS V12. So that's what happens if you run the engine without antifreeze: it eats the head. They had to weld up various pits and then machine it flat again.

Fred Dibnah driving The Rocket steam engine.

Abandoned Engineering: no doubt yet another programme that has little or no engineering involved therein. The Green Line: Cyprus: Varosha Famagusta suburb: fecked up by the Turkish invasion. Serbia: abandoned building near Zagreb Brestovac TB Sanatorium Croatia. Fort Pike Louisiana. Built after the war of 1812. You know, the one where we burned the White House. Used as a concentration camp for the Seminole Native Americans by the Feds. Then became training ground for Black soldiers for the North in the Civil War. Georgia (the Septic one?Nope) Vardzia Georgia: cave monastery.

It's raining sticks & old women so naturally enough Blaze has dropped out due to low signal.

Oak Island nutjobbery:S9 E8: "Deeper Digs, Bigger Stakes": they find a Vampire Lair in the Money Pit & BTVS saves the day!

This week: wood, more wood, more more wood, a lump of lead, more wood, a bent nail (high in manganese: post 1840 apparently), more wood, a wooden stake, another wooden stake, and a wooden stake, and a plank of wood. Possibly some of the wood came from a searcher shaft from the mid 1800s.

Some nonsense on 5: "Made in the 1980s: the decade that shaped our world".

Disaster Trolls on BBC1W.
          Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 7 November 2022, 19:41.
          When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning all

Lovely sunny start to the day with some wispy fluff here and there. Currently 14 degrees with a high of 16 expected. A light shower is forecast mid-afternoon. Barometer steady at 1015 mBar.

Woke up in the wee hours following a disturbing dream but I can't remember what it was so it can't have been too bad.

Comment

Links are up

Comment

Afternoon all

METAR EGFF 311250Z AUTO 12010KT 9999 BKN036 15/12 Q1008

Hints of bloo between the clouds.

Comment

For lunch: sausages in finger rolls

Comment

Lunch was a fresh baked demi-baguette filled with tomato, porchetta and provolone cheese.

Comment

Extension paperwork, with a 10% rate rise, has been received.

All done six weeks before my current contract ends. I think that's a new record for me! I'm used to thing being done in the last two weeks.

Comment

Working...
                      X