• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Loony lady 1 earlier. Bit short wander as she was even more knackered than I am. Fantastic rainbow on way back, prob. best I've ever seen. And there was another fainter one a bit to South of it.

Edited as put loony lady 2 instead of 1 by mistake. Poor old ll2 is gone, we all miss her.
    Last edited by xoggoth; 5 November 2023, 20:39.
    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Evening all

Evidently didn't tap the Post Reply button earlier.

The day started off sunny and then it tipped it down for a while. The high was 14 degrees and it's now dropped to 10. Barometer up again to 987 mBar.

Very lazy day had. HWMBO is currently prepping dinner.

Comment

Tea: roast shoulder of lamb dinner

And I shall be making scouse with the leftovers later in the week

Comment

Not a lot on the box earlier today. This evening's viewing was the lates episode of The Met and a couple of old episodes of 24 Hours in A&E

And I also read more of Pax

Monday again tomorrow ​​​​​​​

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning denizens

Sunny start after a slightly colder night. Currently 6° and likely to reach 11°, while the barometers are up to 982/990mB. Going to be quite windy this afternoon, it seems

I had the window open a little and had a rather broken night's sleep with some weird dreams as a result of it being a tad chilly in the bedroom. I'd best move on to the full double-decker duvet if I want to do that

Comment

Morning all
              CBS, etc.
              Mad Max ate quite a bit of bird food yesterday (mostly sunflower hearts). These made an appearance this morning.
              …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Morning.

Monday.

Dry.

Sunny.

Blue sky.

Chilly side of cold in here at 14.8 deg, 13 deg in the kitchen, 11.5 deg in the leanto.

995 mBar, 29.38 in Hg, 746.3 Torr, 14.43 psi, (up from 989.5 last night), 71% RH (GDR hair), 61% RH (Lidl electric).

Meanwhile on the 26th of June 2019 LM wasn't well and there was discussion of Wartburgs. (Made a change from Skodas or Moskvich ).

Shopping trip to Tesco, 204 out, shanks' back due to the Cardiff ****wits screwing the bus times with their global 20mph speed limit. If they had brains they'd be dangerous.

Lunch: scrambled egg etc.

Entertainment: Y&Y waffling on about NS&I.

Ratty is demised and has met the brambles along with another dead rat the cat caught.

Walk (abbreviated) walked in the sunshine.

Much garden waste bagged up along with the myriad of brambles extracted from the greenhouse & duly drying in said greenhouse ready for the next conflagration, probably around Xmas.

During the walk I was contemplating the Jonah Effect:

Granada TV Rentals: gone.

Telebank rentals: gone.

3M Magnetic Tape: gone.

Siliconix: gone.

Styx Technology: gone.

Place in Letchworth I worked 3 months: still there.

Leak detection Place in Cwmbran I worked 2 months: still there.

Place in Cwm Ebbw Vale run by a nutjob who ended up in prison: gone. (I lasted a whole 5 days there).

Data terminal place in Cwmbran: still running from his shed.

Simulation place in Bristol: gone.

Money weighing place in Newport: still there: I lasted a whole 6 weeks.

Wolsey Comcare, Pontypridd: gone.

Modemetric Cheltenham: gone.

Zirkon, Rugby: gone.

Gyrus Medical. Still there called sommat else, medical is really not my thing. Never worked anywhere with a cadaver room before.

Philips Semiconductors, Southampton: gone.

AB Automotive Electronics. tulipehole. Gone. Right next to somewhere making radioisotopes. Did wonder about that chap taking samples of the ground water.

Cooper Menvier Scantronic: still there.

Fruit machine place Ystradgynlais: gone.

Hair removal equipment place: still there (I lasted 2 weeks).

And finally: UWTSD: still there, down the fecking docks, waiting for the next tsunami, 14 years. Sounds like they got lucky. .

Tea: chicken in white sauce etc.

Entertainment: PM, which, unusually, wasn't wall to wall Gaza this evening.

Dan Do: a repeat but wtf, I watched it anyway.

Wheeler Dealers S7 E1 Jensen Interceptor. Oh, it's the one with the hole in the floor. Looks like it died of tinworm December 2020.

Abandoned Engineering: Camp Hero Suffolk County NY, aka Montauk. Polish salt mine. Island off Dubrovnik where the red executed people in 1944. Ladywell Baths, London.

History's greatest myths and no mythtake. Orson Welles War of the Worlds or how the septics thought that Mars was invading. <click>

Falklands Most Daring Raid.
                Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 7 November 2023, 14:57.
                When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning all

Sunny with wispy fluff. Currently 8 degrees ('feels like' 6) with a high of 13 expected. No rain forecast. Barometer up to 999 mBar.

Four days left at clientCo.

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post

https://www.reddit.com/r/OakIsland/c...nt_found_tulip/

^^^ In eager anticipation of the next series of total toss returning.
                  Top find, DrS, thanks! Note made to keep an eye out for the next season

Comment

Nice and bummy, I mean sunny, today.

Just had another call from "Microsoft" by someone called "Martin" with almost incomprehensible South Asian accent. How does anyone fall for that stuff?
                    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Links are up

Comment

Working...
                      X