• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
    Oh and in yesterday's news, the handle on the toilet broke off. Totally corroded. I have to lift the lid on the cistern and pull the lever to flush. Thankfully, the landlady is pretty responsive and a plumber is coming at lunchtime today to sort it out.
    Mine has a button. It's not the main reason I bought the place, but it helped

Comment

The plumber turned up 15 mins early!! Unheard of in my experience. He's busy replacing most of the innards of the cistern as it's all old and decrepit.

Comment

The plumber turned up 15 mins early!! Unheard of in my experience. He's busy replacing most of the innards of the cistern as it's all old and decrepit.
        My old landlord did the plumbing himself, though after watching him at work on my cistern a few times, I figured he'd probably picked it up from a secondhand copy of The Reader's Digest Book of DIY he'd found at a jumble sale

Lunch has been Heinz chicken soup with white toast

Comment

The plumber refitted a few parts then ran off pretty sharpish. On inspection, I could see why. When pulling the new handle, the lever inside was bashing up against the lid of the cistern so you either had a pathetic flush or had to lift the cistern lid to get a full flush. Five minutes of investigation and two minutes with a junior hacksaw sorted the issue.

Comment

The plumber refitted a few parts then ran off pretty sharpish. On inspection, I could see why. When pulling the new handle, the lever inside was bashing up against the lid of the cistern so you either had a pathetic flush or had to lift the cistern lid to get a full flush. Five minutes of investigation and two minutes with a junior hacksaw sorted the issue.

Comment

Tea: steak and caramelised onion burger in a toasted sesame bun with tomato and chilli relish, and fries

Comment

Varying fortunes for the opal hunters tonight, but old Les was finally able to afford a new truck so he can visit his granddaughters

And then The Murder of Jill Dando which I didn't see when it was first shown in 2019. Reasonably interesting, though no exciting revelations

There's a meeting tomorrow about something, though I can't remember what; some aspect of the handover of the project. Lots of meetings like that this week, and probably next. But there's also a meeting between me and the delivery manager for the thing I'll be gradually moving on to, so I'll finally have some clue what that's going to be about - I literally know nothing at this stage

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning denizens

Grey start but the cloud seems to be thinning out quite rapidly, leading to some wan sunshine gilding the cedar tree next door. Currently 12°C and aiming for 20°, with the barometers up a little at 1004/1012mB. There's still a yellow warning of strong winds from lunchtime on, but we're right at the edge of the affected area so maybe it won't be too bad

Comment

Morning all

Lots of cloud but quite bright. A bit of a breeze. Dry. Currently 16 degrees with a high of 21 expected. Barometer remains steady at 1017 mBar.

Not sure what task I wish to avoid doing today. Will have to see how the day pans out.

Comment

Morning.

Wednesday apparently.

Dry.

Windy.

Grey.

Sunless.

Cool.

18.4 deg in here, 19 deg in the kitchen, 18 deg in the leanto.

1006 mBar, 27.707 in Hg, 754.56 Torr, 14.59 psi, (down from 1012 last night), 77% RH (GDR hair), 79% RH (Lidl electric).

Walk (abbreviated due to inclemency of weather & aches & pains) walked.

Meanwhile on the 15th of July 2019 covbob enquired about janey, and I spent a brief period in with the hoi polloi in the library.

Lunch: scrambled egg etc.

Entertainment: the Companies House Chinese scammers thing on Y&Y. It went <click> when the useless Tory* bastard started spouting excuses.

*Other useless politicos are widely available: none of them have actually done anything useful in their entire meaningless existence.

Tea: chicken in white sauce etc.

Entertainment: PM.

JoP. Jop.

The Directors: Tarantino.

The unexplained with the WWWC. Curses. James Dean's car, Tamerlaine's grave, lake in Georgia, cursed objects.

Strange Evidence. More Blaze bollox.

Rise of the Nazis: gotterdammerung Part II: as in never mind all that, they're not Reds so lets employ the bastards.

I see our Rog has an expose coming up. . Nice chap.
                      Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 27 September 2023, 22:07.
                      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Working...
                      X