• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I see BBC4 are showing the Swedish TV versions of the Millennium trilogy by Stieg Larsson, being The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo, The Girl Who Played With Fire, and The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest. These are each split into two episodes which, for each part of the trilogy, run to about half-an-hour longer than the film version; so about ninety minutes longer in all. I think I'll wait until they've shown them all so they're all on iPlayer, then I can binge the lot

Comment

Fact of the day: If you have your computer set to 24hr time, then you ignore the first digit, it's 5.26pm

Quitting time.
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Heavy traffic both ways outside. I daresay we're into that period when half of the outbound traffic is people heading to the retail park for Christmas shopping and half of the inbound is people going to the big mall in the city centre for the same, all so they don't have to endure going to either of them over the weekend

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post

Ah! That will brighten up my own boring trip to Sainsburys later.

PS Viz not as good as it was. That boring Drunken Bakers nearly every month.
          Viz went downhill when they sold out to John Brown all those years ago
          merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Tea: chicken madras, rice and naan. Lovely stuff

Comment

Tonight's motion picture premiere was Honest Thief (2020) in which Liam Neeson's attempt to bow gracefully out of a criminal past is stymied by… well, you'll have to watch it to find out; it's an Amazon Prime thing

I enjoyed that one. Not the most amazing film ever made, but well-built and entertaining enough

And then a couple of repeats

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning.

Grey.

Damp.

Dreary.

Sunless.

Chilly at 16.2 deg in here.

1023 mBar, 30.2 in Hg, 767.3 Torr, 69% RH.

Saturday.

Another long dark teatime of the soul.

Walk (unabbreviated) walked.

Met a chap I sold a car to about 30 years ago & he didn't stab me.

Lunch: Heinz lentil soup with Morrisons wholemeal sunflower and spelt bread, bramble jelly sandwich on same, red corner yog (can't remember the pip state), 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Freecell score: 88%, running average 84%.

Some minor potching done in the garden: leaves collected, phlox chopped back, bit of tidying, raked leaves off next door's garden path (since they can't be arsed).

Tea: more fiery bol with spag, some peach slices, a yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: Scotland Yard with Edgar Lustgarten. Featuring Jack "Nelson (Mail Van Robbery) Gabriel" May, credited but not included in his imdb listing, though he's in the imdb credits for the ep.

Thing about "A night at the opera" by Queen on Sky Arts.

An ep & a half of Quantum Leap: the ghosty one & the end of the frat house one.
                Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 20 November 2021, 23:20.
                When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning all

Cloudy but dry out. Currently 11 degrees with a high of 12 expected. Cloud due to remain all day but no rain forecast. Barometer down to 1025 mBar.

We're off to Taste festival over at Tobacco Dock today. Then this afternoon I have to dial into a checkpoint call for the data migration that's ongoing.

Today's Kantar diary fact is:
                  Snowdonia in Wales becomes a British National Park 1951

Comment

Afternoon denizens

Another grey but dry day, currently 11°C and nowt better on the cards, barometers down again at 1013/1021mB. The forecast speaks of a 30% chance of drizzle for a short period this evening, but I reckon it probably won't happen

Comment

Late lunch: sausages and bacon in buttered sesame bloomer toast

Comment

Working...
                      X