• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Currently working out how to set up a box in the states to get f1tv pro and various other high quality TV () options..
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

The car earlier was a Saab 93; tax and MOT until October, so they must have done this one right

And the gold diggers had their usual variety of misadventures.

Then I spent a while reading more about Octavia and her followers, and then an old episode of 24 Hurt in A&E

Early night now to make up for last night's foolishness

​​​​​​​Goodnight all

Comment

TFBSZ
        …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Morning all
          …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Morning.

Thursday.

Dry (apart from the obligatory drops of rain a few minutes ago).

Sunny.

Colder at 11.7 deg in here, 12 deg in the kitchen, 8 deg in the leanto.

1018.5 mBar, 30.076 in Hg, 763.937 Torr, 14.772 psi, (up from 1014 last night), 74% RH (GDR hair), 68% RH (Lidl electric).

Meanwhile on the 29th of April 2019 NF was preparing to take The Monkey Car for its MOT despite goldfish living in one of the headlights and I watched that Gary Oldman thing about Churchill, the one that won the Oscar, whilst taking the piss out of the 1* reviewers from Beyond Calais for fairly obvious reasons, one of which is:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moloto...ibbentrop_Pact

Walk (abbreviated) walked in the sunshine. Quite chilly out there.

First butterfly of the year spotted enjoying the sunshine & the flowers on the bush thing down the garden. A red admiral apparently.

Lunch: baked potato with cheese & baked beans, bramble jelly & marmalade on slices of toast, red pippy corner yog, 0.91*1.55 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: gap finders: barrister, sliced bread: hair conditioner. Why the feck am I listening to this? .

Another three bags of books donated to the Oxfam bookshop in Swansea. Bought a dvd since it would have been rude not to. And it was in French with subtitles.

Thankfully there was someone else who took them in today, not the chap who's done it on previous occasions. .

Then a trip to B&Q on the number 34 to buy some coach bolts, followed by a fairly bumpy trip home on the next one.

Tea: chilli con carne with pillau rice, some pear halves, a yog or two. 0.91*1.57 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: PM (through the kitchen door).

Wheeler Dealers S8 E6 1970 Dodge Charger with the 383 cu in Magnum engine plus 4 on the floor. Bought: $23k, £14k, total (including shipping & MB's travel): £18160, sold: £20k. Still taxed until 1st April, looks like it's gone MOT free. It seems to be doing a couple of hundred miles a year. With the fuel consumption of a 6.3 litre engine, I could believe that.

The chap who's fond of colourful attire is in the east, in Hull, today.

Joy of Painting: mountain peaks overlooking a little house by a cove. There's not data about what the cove thinks of it all.

Who do you think you are? Adil Ray. East Africa. Interesting. Indian and African heritage. Which is unusual, apparently. Related to the King of Buganda.

Trucking Hell S6 E20.

No "The Movies 1980s part II", for some reason it's replaced by "Kubrick on Kubrick". Which was inneresting enough in its way, wot with me starring in bits of it, mein Feuhrer, er, sorry, Mr President.

Extraordinary Escapes with Sandi Toksvig and Sindhu Vee in that Scotland place, where there's a "house" owned by the tetrapak lot sitting in a modest 87000 acres of estate. Apparently that's 89 square miles.which is big. Just off Rannoch Moor.

In fact, this: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Corrour_Lodge

Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 23 February 2023, 22:58.
            When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning denizens

Grey day but with some rather wan sunshine breaking through from time to time. It's been raining a bit overnight, but seems to have stopped now. Back to the bad old days on the temperature front: currently 4°C with an expected high of 7° and a low of 1° tonight. The barometers are up a bit though, at 1009/1017mB

Comment

I keep thinking I've lost my keys since handing back the ones for the old place. There were: main back gate, back yard gate, back door, front door, flat door (mortice and Yale), plus a couple more mortice keys for front and back door locks which were never supposed to be used, but I had to lug the keys around just in case. Here, it's two keys for the flat door and that's it; they fit in that tiny little pocket above the real pocket in my jeans

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                  they fit in the johnny pocket in my jeans
                  FTFY

Comment

Why do online news sites allow all these phony ads on their websites? Remove freckles in 3 minutes, heat a room instantly, reduce your car's fuel consumption enormously with a small plug in device, make thousands a week from some online business, etc? Don't they ever check who they allow to advertise? Or worse, hackers. Just clicked a link ond got a fake virus alert from "windows security" Looked very convincing, sure lots would be fooled by it.
                    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Bum. Loony lady 1 just phoned to cancel our Friday thing, she's got to have an MRI scan. Hope it's nowt.
                      bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                      John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Working...
                      X