• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sadkingbilly View Post

blimey! that was quick. we just got ours after 9 months.
    Yes, I was quite surprised - the solicitor said it could take up to a year, the backlog was so bad

Comment

Not in the Chinese because it won't be ready until 20:15

I'm definitely going to start phoning my order in rather than going there on spec in future, though I suppose walking there and back twice per takeaway is good for me or something

Comment

In the Chinese

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
          In the Chinese
          And very nice too

It's a tad chilly out, but given it's January, I suppose that's to be expected. Not as cold as it could be

Comment

Third largest apple tree is almost pruned. Just a couple more whips to come off.
            Cider lees sourdough is now on its final prove before baking tomorrow. Looks interesting.
            …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

TFBSZ

Comment

Tonight's major motion picture premiere was Moonfall (2022) which… oh dear, oh dear. The "science" in this science fiction movie makes The Core look like a respected academic work. I swear there were scenes where they had things happening simultaneously which were in complete contradiction even according to the made-up scientific principle supposedly involved, which itself made no sense in relation to any known laws of physics. There's some reasonably good action bits and over-the-top special effects, but you don't just need willing suspension of disbelief, you need disbelief to be hanged by the neck to get through this one

And then an episode of The West Wing just to move that along.

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning all

Comment

<BEGIN MOANS>
                    <MOAN1>
                    Loony lady 1 back from sister's yesterday. Picked her up at Gatwick, got mixed up at roundabout and drove through drop off area twice. Got charged twice! B'tards!
                    </MOAN1>
                    <MOAN2>
                    Zip through boring online news. Why do major press companies allow all these fake ads on their sites? Super efficient heaters that warm your room in minutes, car plug ins that greatly reduce your fuel costs, pills that solve all your health problems, lotions that make you look 10 years younger in days etc.
                    </MOAN2>
                    </END MOANS>

PS Actually, there is no </END MOANS> for me.
                    Last edited by xoggoth; 15 January 2023, 09:34.
                    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Morning all

It was blue sky and sunny when I got up, now it's clouded over a bit. Currently 6 degrees ('feels like' 3) with a high of 8 forecast. No rain expected but will be cloudy/sunny all day. Some rain due overnight. Barometer up to 1001 mBar.

Off to visit Mum. The weather there is much the same as here although a shower is forecast early aftenoon.

Best of Enemies last night was very good.

Comment

Working...
                      X