• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Chinese continued with their "Very busy" message until after seven, at which point I gave up and ordered peri-peri chicken instead. Ready for collection within fifteen minutes of placing the order on their website, which is just the right amount of time to sort out my shoes and such and walk down there. And it turned out to be very nice indeed

I gather it's Chinese New Year, so maybe that's resulted in the Chinese being too busy to even answer the phone. I shall have to try again at a less fashionable time

Comment

The takwaway up the road used to close over the Chinese New year.

Meanwhile on the 17th of April 2019 I'd left the fan heater on overnight. If I do that tonight I'll bankrupt myself.
      Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 21 January 2023, 22:40.
      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

TFBSZ
        …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

No telly tonight, other than one of those oft-repeated police things to half-watch whilst dining, as I was engrossed reading Double Cross

Goodnight all

Comment

ll3 walk yesterday! Eugh! She drives me up the wall. Day to meself today, assuming ll2 doesn't ring, yet again.
            bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
            John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Morning all
              …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Mornin all

Bright and sunny. Misty haze. Frosty. Currently -3 with a high of 2 degrees. Barometer is up to 1033 mBar.

Impromptu night out in Bethal Green was had. Friends of mine were out and demanded HWMBO and I join them. Thanks to the Lizzy Line this was actually a viable thing to do. Much fun had.

Today I'm off to Sussex by the Sea to visit Mum. Just as frosty down there but a couple of degrees warmer.

Comment

Morning.

Sunday.

Grey.

Wanly sunny.

Not so cold out but 10 deg in here, 8.5 deg in the kitchen, 7 deg in the leanto, 3.3 deg in the salting house.

1031.5 mBar, in Hg, Torr, psi, (up from 1031 last night), 65% RH (GDR hair), 57% RH (Lidl electric).

Meanwhile on the 17th of April 2019 there was discussion of the unfortunate & expensive results of filling a petrol car with diesel & vice versa, along with a discussion of various doom laden epics such as "Threads", "The War Game", and "The Day After".

Smalls in the WM.

Smalls out of the WM and hanging limply on the line.

Shirts in the WM.

Lunch: baked potato (dunno why but this bag of spuds smells of mint ) with cheese and baked beans, red pippy corner yog, marmalade and bramble jelly on slices of defrosted Morrisons something or other toast, 0.91*1.57 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: Just a minute, the Food Programme (all about not getting conned into buying none existent whisky or whiskey casks), TWTW giving even more amusement re scumbag Tories and HMRC. .

Shirts out of the WM & hanging limply on the line.

Walk (unabbreviated) walked in the grey gloom. Despite the thaw the paths are worse than yesterday though the death trap bit wasn't so bad.

Freecell score: 89%, running average 85%.

Shirts in off the line & gracing the TD.

Smalls out there on the line until dusk.

Entertainment: That's 70s: it got around to playing some music: Jethro Tull, it's a while since I've heard that one. The maracas player looks demented.

Hotlegs Neanderthal Man: stone me. Never heard of this lot. Weird.

Smalls in off the line, shirts out of the TD in 0:02 0:11. .

Shirts out of the TD, smalls into the TD.

Shirts roughly iRoned & airing upstairs.

Smalls out of the TD & airing upstairs.

Tea: Tesco lentil & ham soup (it was a bit thin so I put some rice in it) with 2 rounds of toast & a slice of bread, the last of the fruit cocktail, a yog, marmalade on a slice of toast, 0.91*1.57 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: POTW. Whilst doing the iRoning there was a thing about that crush at the night club and a thing about Hanesh wotsit, very sad.

Vera S11 E6 "The Way the Wind Blows": loved the name on the ship in this ep.

The Likely Lads Whatever Happened? S2 E8 "Affaris and Relations". The one with Bill Owen.

The Repair shop:.
                  Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 22 January 2023, 22:05.

Comment

Morning denizens

Another frosty start, and a bit cloudier as well. Currently -1°C, possibly reaching 3° later, and the barometers are up a touch more at 11022/1031mB

Comment

^^^ Ears must be popping at 11022 mBar. .

Om.

Meanwhile on the 17th of April 2019 I was celebrating cancelling the Sky subscription* & saving £33/month.

*A.K.A. "Rupert's Robbery Scheme".
                      Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 22 January 2023, 13:14.

Comment

Working...
                      X