• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

At the flat and connected to the Internet, so I’m not sure what the OpenReach engineer is expecting to do

There seems to have been a bit of a thaw, and I get the impression it may not have snowed quite so much here. So I could have done a three-box book run after all

Comment

The OpenReach guy arrived, by which time I’d almost completed construction of a Billy bookcase. I got the second done while he was down the road at the cabinet, where he discovered a fault upstream to the exchange. So he put it on another line for now, but somebody will have to fix that and switch it back, possibly tomorrow morning

Comment

Home again

It's not very warm in here after the new place

I had a bit of toast after posting the links but hadn't managed anything else for lunch, so I think I'll see what there is in the freezer to use up as I'm quite peckish now

Comment

A hot dog turned out to be just the thing

Comment

Tea: pork chops - cutlets, even - with chips and beans

Comment

Skiing skied, wonderful Italian food & drink consumed, now TFBSZ
              …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

The car earlier was a Fiat 124 Sport Spider, which is a kind of sports car. And some of the gold hunters did well, and some didn't.

Then an old episode of 24 Hours in A&E accompanied the evening repast

And finally an episode of The Repair Shop because I'm still massively behind on that

I want to get over to the new place tomorrow morning in case the OpenReach people need to test anything, so I shall take a batch of books and get the other two new bookcases assembled, then secure all four to their respective walls (two in the living room, two in the study) and get them at least partially populated. I've got some spare shelves to take with me as well, if I remember.

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning all
                  A bit of flat light this morning, combined with some overnight snow, so it will be interesting conditions for day 2 legs.
                  …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Morning denizens

Cold start again, but at least it isn't snowing this time and most of yesterday's covering has gone. Currently -3°C, not expected to rise above 0°, and the barometers continue hovering at 1001/1010mB

Having a nectarine with my morning coffee

Comment

most of yesterday's covering has gone
                      You're lucky, hasn't here. There's a funny set of footprints on the lawn, smallish but seem much too far apart for a normal cat. Might be a velociraptor.
                      bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                      John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Working...
                      X