• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I lost a pair of thin gloves in the last year. They were great when out walking The DogTW and provided some relief from the Reynauds, but they have vanished.

Anyway, cameras have been moved around, no videos featuring 2 hedgehogs yet tonight, but we are starting to work out their routes round part of the.

Tomorrow The WifeTM has promised me a trip abroad - to Dorset. I’d better rest up for that.

TFBSZ.
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Tonight's major motion picture premiere was one of those where I wasn't sure it was a premiere, because I might have seen it. But now I have, I know I hadn't, so it was

Oh, yes: it was The Amityville Horror (1979) and it was probably more exciting then than it is now, as seems often to be the case with 1970s horror movies

It's OK though, in its way. But despite its claim of being Based on a True Story, I doubt it was ever up for a Best Documentary award

And then a rewatch of Jupiter Ascending (2015) because I like the story and I like the special effects

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning all

Comment

Morning.

Dark.

Dank.

Grey.

Dreary.

Wet.

Cooler in here at 17.4 deg, 18 deg in the kitchen, 16 deg in the leanto.

1004 mBar, 29.648 in Hg, 753.06 Torr, 14.56 psi, (down from 1011 last night), 76% RH.

Saturday. You can tell it's Saturday by the overwhelming greyness.

Back in 13th Feb 2019, sadly NF had lost an old friend, whilst I had found something in an ancient Wireless World about curious changes in the pronunciation of assorted town names, Sissister being one, Danetree being another.

Entertainment in the ongoing drizzle: Wheeler Dealers S11 E14 1964? Lincoln Continental. Watched it before, but WTF?

Walk (unabbreviated) walked in the grey gloom. Stone me it's a bit close out there and warm with it.

Lunch: baked potato with cheese and baked beans, a red corner yog, bramble jelly and marmalade on slices of toast, 0.91*1.5 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: The Now Show.

Wheeler Dealers S13 E2 Volvo PV544 with the B18 engine. Watched it before but there you go, nothing better to do.

And I've watched the C3 Corvette prog at least twice.

Freecell score: 100%, running average 85% (84.9982% FFS).

Some minor gardening potching and tidying up done.

Tea: spag with not very fiery bol (the chilli is definitely broken), some fruit cocktail, a yog, 0.91*1.5 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: PM. Politcal Thinking.

Bits of Ancient Aliens bollox until it passed the "find something, anything, else" threshold.

Freddie Mercury Tribute Concert on Sky Arts. Stone me, it's from 1992: 30 years ago. Doesn't time pass quickly when you're enjoying yersen?

Maigret: "The cellars of the Hotel Majestic" 1963. B&W goodness.

The Bad Skin Clinic S4 E4. Epidermoid cyst: porridge. Hailey Hailey disease: bleach bath. Rosacea: pills & laser. Chap with a bowling ball sized lump on the back of his neck. 5" across.

Thing about Leonard Rossiter.
          Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 7 November 2022, 19:39.
          When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Afternoon denizens

Cloudy out but it's only thin patchy cloud, so it gives the impression of being moderately sunny. Warm for the time of year too, reaching today's high of 19°C at the moment. There may be some showers later, but it should be a mild night too; the barometers are cautious though, being only slightly up at 1002/1010mB

Comment

Just had a couple of croissants with strawberry jam with my coffee

The football people have been going past, homeward bound so it must have started at lunchtime. Always used to be 3pm on a Saturday

Comment

Afternoon all

METAR EGFF 291350Z AUTO 17007KT 130V190 9999 BKN029 BKN040 OVC048 18/15 Q1009

Haircut day and also managed to get in and out of Tescos unscathed. Couldn't face CostCo as there's football on so it'll be traffic hell.

In other news, S3E07 of Snowpiercer is the most self-indulgent hour of bollox since that episode of breaking bad where they spent the whole time trying to catch a fly in the meth lab. It as just some trippy dream sequence that added nothing to the plot or Sean Bean's inevitable demise.

Comment

In the other Chinese

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                    In the other Chinese
                    And very nice too, as always

Comment

First 3 demijohns of scrumpy now in bottles, and it tastes pretty good. Running at 5.9% and very dry.

Now TFBSZ.

Comment

Working...
                      X