• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning all
    A successfully day gardening yesterday included building a new arch for a clematis out of left over fence posts. The WifeTM wanted a simple frame, instead it’s about 2 metres high, 60 cm wide and the span is about 1.6 metres.

Currently watching the blackbirds feeding their young in the log store, while counting the number of baby robins, tits, etc that are learning to use feeders.
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Morning all

Bright with fluff. Currently 14 degrees with a high of 16 expected. No rain forecast. Barometer down to 1020 mBar.

Seeing HWMBO off at Kings Cross with a spot of lunch before his train leaves.

Comment

Afternoon denizens

Simpsonesque day out, but not as warm as it has been at 14°C which is the highest we get today. The barometers are down somewhat at 1012/1020mB, perhaps heralding the rain that's forecast for tomorrow

Comment

Clearing ivy from fence at side of house yesterday and accidentally cut through the cable supplying mains to my sheds and greenhouse. Bum! Wondered why one of the RCDs had tripped.
          bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
          John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
            Clearing ivy from fence at side of house yesterday and accidentally cut through the cable supplying mains to my sheds and greenhouse. Bum! Wondered why one of the RCDs had tripped.
            Amateur!

Some years ago I cut through the cable to the circular saw without blowing any of the fuses in the extension leads or tripping the RCD.

I only discovered this when the fecking saw wouldn't work & I saw the dangling bisected cable.

In other other news: it's fecking raining.
            When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Croissants again

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post

Comment

Much nicer day out than the forecast would have you believe. Now back home again.

Comment

Tea: chicken casserole with chips and peas. Very tasty

Comment

Lots of Most Secret War read today. The evening's viewing has been restricted to a couple of episode of The Repair Shop, one shortened, the other full-length

Monday again tomorrow, but at least it's only a three day week

Goodnight all

Comment

Working...
                      X