• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It came over rather dark for a while but the forecast rain has yet to make an appearance. It's brightened up quite a bit this afternoon.

Comment

Walk briskly walked, green ring closed

The legs started tiring quite quickly on the uphill stretch near the start. Doesn't take much slacking for the decrepitude to start creeping on, it seems

But they held up long enough to get me home, and I daresay they'll get back in the swing of being used as legs again quite quickly

Comment

Tea: chicken madras with rice and naan

The car earlier was a Ford Capri Mk. II, albeit an American pressing

And the bicycle racers get Mondays off so there was another Australian gold hunters clip show. And then the antiques chap. But I spent most of that time finishing the South Sea Bubble book

And now, the new series of the gold diggers.

Comment

Silent Witness watched (S25:1, while our binge watch is up to S12:3)
          Looks like the great tits are going for a second brood, only a week after the last ones fledged. Quick bit of camera moving earlier, and the nest box they are building in is now under 24hr surveillance.

Now TFBSZ.
          …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
            Looks like the great tits are going for a second brood, only a week after the last ones fledged. Quick bit of camera moving earlier, and the nest box they are building in is now under 24hr surveillance.
            No time to waste when you live less than a couple of years.
            When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Further viewing was those American treasure hunting chaps, looking for a canyon that somebody supposedly once found gold in before being chivvied away by Apaches. Unusually, they actually found something this time. After bringing in a backhoe (which made one wonder why they'd done a lot of laborious climbing, given there was obviously a track that would support heavy machinery leading from the other direction to the spot they'd climbed to reach), they dug down ten feet to bedrock in several areas, then spent ages panning numerous buckets of rocks and dirt, and were rewarded with about three tiny specks of fine gold. They got very excited about this, though on the Australian gold diggers show it's the kind of result that would lead to much bleeping and somebody threatening to pack it all in as a waste of time and effort

And finally, one of the shortened episode of The Repair Shop that has a lifespan on iPlayer even shorter than a blue tit's

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning all
                CBS, etc on our walk, although the grass was quite wet.
                …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Morning denizens

Some cloud about but high and dappled so it's quite sunny out, if still a little damp here and there from last night's drizzle

Currently 11°C with 16° in prospect, and the barometers are steady at 995/1003mB

I had a decent night's sleep, except I was briefly woken at some point by the police helicopter making a few low passes back and forth. It must have been quite close because they have one of those newfangled ones without a tail rotor, so it's quieter overall and the sound is distinctly different to the traditional ones. Anyway, no idea what they wanted; probably a missing person suspected to be up along the river again

Comment

Morning all

A bit dull out there this morning. Currently 13 degrees with a high of 17 later. Rain expected for much of the day, off and on, with sunny intervals. Barometer has sort of moved up a bit and is looking closer to 1005 mBar.

Busy day today. A chap has turned up to clean my car (ahead of me touting it for sale) and while I was giving him the keys, a consultancy called to say their client wants a chat with me. I'm now juggling multiple lines of enquiry and this last one is the best paid so I'm hoping it comes off. I wonder if I could get away with doing what NLUK hates and 'double bubbling' .

This afternoon I have a flat viewing in Ealing followed by two more up Paddington / Notting Hill way. I'm not sure I've allowed enough time to get from Ealing to Padders but I'll do my best!
                    Last edited by ladymuck; 24 May 2022, 08:39.

Comment

Morning.

Dry.

Grey.

Sunless.

Cool at 18 deg in here.

1004 mBar, 29.65 in Hg, 753.1 Torr, 14.56 psi, (up from 1000 last night), 74% RH.

Tuesday.

My attempt to save some sort of waspy thing failed when it escaped from the glass despite my best attempts to let it out of the back door. .

Entertainment: The Life Scientific (or in this case Electrical Engineering followed by politics).

The next ep of the Oxycontin Mafia Familiy story. .

I find it strangely inneresting that "The Curse of Skinwalker Ranch" is even more battulip crazy than the Oak Island nutjobs. Who'd have thunk it?

Maybe they should try a Tesla coil on Oak Island. Wot's to lose?.

Very odd dreams again, something to do with Red Dragon Relays which hasn't existed for 45 years or more, and writing stuff in pencil in some sort of log book, though I did manage to get the name of my long gone company correct. Not sure what the powerline part was all about, most curious.

Walk (abbreviated due to the unforecast inclemency of the weather) walked.

TV Times purchased. It had gone up to £2.99 and fortunately I had £3.09 in my pocket.

Entertainment: Y&Y: some people are in deep tulipe over the price of fuel.

TWAO for more endless joy. Almost entirely about Bunter, the fat owl of the remove. Feck me ,if only the **** had died of the plague we'd be spared this endless crap.

Dunno what to do with the afternoon, maybe a bit of a potch here or there.

Freecell score: 81%.

Freecell score: 67%.

Freecell score: 91%, running average 85% (84.589%).

Should have done something else. .

Tea: Tesco battered cod, the remainder of the fruit cocktail, a yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: Discovering Mel Gibson.

Farscape S2 E16 "The Locket": the time displacement one. Beware the mists of time. They seem to have missed out E15 for some reason. Ah. Sounds like it's a bit too fruity for "younger viewers".

Wheeler Dealers: VW Rabbit. I kid you not. A GTI Rabbit. Who'd have thunk? .

So that's what the inside of a fuel distrubution metering block looks like.

And the sunroof fix. I hate sunroofs.

FBI S1 E14 "Exposed": the professional killer one.

"Look at what came out of me". Like it says. Lost innerest, so read more of "The industrial revolutionaries".

It must be said that I find the style of this a bit odd, it seems to leap about in time and from person to person in a quite confusing way.

But then again, I am an so maybe it's just me. .

"The Lost Tribes of Humanity":A Horizon with Alice Roberts.

Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 31 May 2022, 18:13.
                      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Working...
                      X