• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
    Ended the day with still no users complaining about the data migration. I consider that a job well done.

Quick check in with the chap who we did the bulk of the co-ordination with and sent him the 'naughty list' of people who were still creating content in the old system. They will have to manually move that new stuff over themselves.

Prepping now commences for the next migration. The 'alpha' push will happen next week, and then we'll do a 'delta' in the New Year before we hand it over to the business. We'd usually do all that over the course of a full week but it's nearly 5 million documents so we ain't taking that risk.

Comment

OK, so Saturday has been cancelled

The girls, it turns out, arrived in the early hours of today, and have now found that all their friends in London seem to have contracted Omicron, including the ones they share a house with; and one of them has to go to her works do tonight, where she's expecting more of the same. So they've basically resigned themselves to living in a plague city, and had already decided it was too risky to everybody else, particularly our parents, for them to come. And as the granddaughters were the primary reason for the whole affair, it's off.

Unless there's a change of mind for some reason tomorrow… I think it's unlikely though.

Next up was my mother starting to wonder if Christmas is also a bad idea. I personally don't mind a repeat of last year as I enjoyed spending it on my own, but it would also be nice to see everybody, and we're all triple-jabbed so I don't think it's really a problem; do some LFTs beforehand and I reckon we'll be fine. But we'll see

I've got my Family Circle biscuits (only £2 in Sainsbury's at the moment) and some mince pies, and that hamper included a Christmas pud, so I'm thinking I might just stock up with the rest of what I need (couple of turkey thighs and some brandy sauce should do it). If it ends up cancelled last minute, I'll be OK, and if not, I'll just have another Christmas dinner for New Year

Comment

Apparently there was going to be football across the river tonight, but it's been cancelled due to plague

Comment

One of the good things about this plague, good excuse not to see relatives,
          bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
          John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Now my Mum's been on the phone, agonising over the tragedy of me spending Christmas on my own

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
              One of the good things about this plague, good excuse not to see relatives,
              I'd be quite happy to go for Christmas if it's safe for everyone, but I really won't mind if we end up putting it off until next year

Comment

I have purposely planned Christmas on my own this year. I'm seeing the parentals on the 23rd and HWMBO doesn't arrive until the 28th.

I suppose I ought to get some food in...

Comment

Tea has been chicken madras with rice and naan. Very tasty

And then the recycling was taken down and the bin was trundled forth in all its pomp. I'm only putting it in the back lane bit tonight, to test my hypothesis about the bin folk having resumed coming in there to get them. If they don't, there's a spare one out there I can grab

And while out there, I discovered I'd left the passenger window of the car open. Parking is very tight out there at the moment, and I'd opened the windows as it slightly improves visibility of stuff in the wing mirrors after dark as I try to reverse into a space that's only about a foot wider than the car itself without hitting either the Super Monkey Car or the car that's been parked too close on the other side. Unfortunately, though I remembered to close the driver's window, I forgot about the passenger one

As I park it approximately one or two inches away from the Super Monkey Car, it would have been extremely hard for anybody to get in there, and there's nothing in there anyway. Not a good idea though

Comment

Good job there's no rain forecast or your car interior might have become a bit damp.

I need to take my car do some place that does body repairs. There's a patch of rust on the rear wheel arch that needs a fix before it spreads too far. My Dad keeps nagging me for not having it repaired yet (he only spotted it about 6 months ago...)

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                      Just finished work

The migration went well. But then most of the team are in the US and won't have noticed yet.

As usual, the part of the team that's in China failed to understand the concept of GMT or UK time and complained the system wasn't ready.
                      Just realised this was a pleasing post number (347347)

Comment

Working...
                      X