• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post

Is it open on Sundays? My favourite chippy isn't opened on Sunday or Monday.
    Yes, its only closing day is Monday. Handily, the other Chinese a bit further along closes on Tuesdays, so we have seven-day-a-week availability

Comment

Tea has been a big bowl of scouse, with a thick end of sesame bloomer

Accompanied by an episode of 24 Hours in A&E. I don't know why, but although I can stand seeing all other kinds of horrific mangling and surgery and so on, open fractures in the vicinity of the ankle are my nemesis

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
        Accompanied by an episode of 24 Hours in A&E. I don't know why, but although I can stand seeing all other kinds of horrific mangling and surgery and so on, open fractures in the vicinity of the ankle are my nemesis
        "The Toe Bro" makes I squirm, "My feet are killing me" is reasonable until the bone saw comes out, while "Dr Pimplepopper" is generally good honest pustulent value although the lipomas get a bit tedious, ditto for "The Bad Skin Clinic".
        When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post

"The Toe Bro" makes I squirm, "My feet are killing me" is reasonable until the bone saw comes out, while "Dr Pimplepopper" is generally good honest pustulent value although the lipomas get a bit tedious, ditto for "The Bad Skin Clinic".
          My brother's wife once started going on about how much she enjoys YouTube popping videos, watching them apparently being one of her major hobbies. I'm pretty sure my parents didn't know what the hell she was on about, which is probably for the best

I ended up watching a couple of episodes of 24 Hours in A&E; no more open tibia fractures, thankfully

And then this evening's major feature: Abigail's Party (TV Episode 1977), Mike Leigh's Play for Today classic from 1977. Wonderful, but utterly excruciating in so many ways

In fact, season 7 of Play for Today seems to have been a particularly good one, also including such great stuff as Bar Mitzvah Boy and Spend Spend Spend, as well as loads of other stuff which isn't so well remembered but was no doubt also excellent

Goodnight all

Comment

^^^ I have the required two dvds of said "Abigail's Party". Haven't watched either of them yet.

Morning.

Dry.

Sunny.

Frosty, very.

Chilly in here at 13.9 deg.

1033 mBar, 30.5 in Hg, 774.8 Torr, 64% RH.

Sunday.

Walk (unabbreviated) walked in the sunshine. Nice enough.

Dehumidifier installed in the car to see if it can dry out a bit since the pong is becoming overwhelming.

Lunch: chicken breast and sausage (non cumberland from the looks of them), a yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: well certainly not ISIHAC which was switched off long before it started.

Freecell score: 100% (of 9), running average 84%.

The Fog has rolled in: the sun is gone, quite unpleasantly chilly now.

I have now discovered something with an even higher bollox quotient than Ancient Aliens, namely "Ancient X Files".

Where do they find this crap? Some chap named Nick has failed to find Sodom & Gomorrah and is currently faffing about Italy with the Voynich manuscript, apparently with the clues piling up. As if.

Now he's waffling on about The Flood (as in Noah & all that).

Tea: the remaining chicken meatballs in chilli sauce with rice, the remaining pears, a yellow corner yog, 2x marmalade sandwiches on Morrisons wholemeal sunflower and spelt bread, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: more Ancient Aliens bollox probably, though there is a thing on Sky Arts about "Wish you were here".

It's still foggy out. We don't get a lot of fog around here so it's a bit of a novelty.

As predicted: the Ancient Aliens bollox about artifacts left behind by our Alien Overlords, followed by the final 15 minutes of WYWH, including an advert break therein.

Followed by a bit of a documentary about David Lynch.

Then "First Britons" a BBC documentary from 2015 on PBS.

Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 19 December 2021, 23:11.
            When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning all

It feels much brighter today, despite still being mostly overcast. Currently 4 degrees with a high of 6 later. Rain expected this evening. Barometer down to 1035 mBar.

Had a lovely day out yesterday with my friends. Mask wearing about town was a bit hit and miss. I changed to my FFP2 mask for the theatre and we didn't get drinks and snacks in the interval.

Today's Kantar diary fact is:
              Benjamin Franklin, under the name Richard Saunders, beings publications of 'Poor Richard's Almanack' 1732

Comment

Morning denizens

Grey day out, with it having been actually foggy overnight and this morning; it's allegedly clearing now though. Not at all warm at 2°C, maybe rising to 6° tonight, and the barometers are heading down again, though still high at 1027/1035mB

Comment

No Monkey Life again

Luckily there's something on NatGeo/Disney+ called Meet the Chimps, so I'll give that a try once I've sorted lunch out

Comment

Lunch: sausages and bacon on sesame bloomer toast

And Meet the Chimps was very good. It's about a place in Louisiana called Chimp Haven

Comment

In the Chinese

(Yes, it’s Sunday )

Comment

Working...
                      X