• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning.

Damp.

Hints of drizzle.

Cold at 16.5 deg in here.

Sunless.

Grey.

1019 mBar, 30.09 in Hg, 764.3 Torr, 73% RH.

Friday.

Smalls in the WM.

Smalls out of the WM and into the TD.

Shirts in the WM.

Bit of a change in the weather since yesterday.

The weather prognosticator has let me down.

Walk walked (abbreviated), mostly drizzle free with hints of sun.

Smalls out of the TD.

Shirts out of the WM & into the TD.

Cottons in the WM.

'Tis all go this morning, probably due to the plums & custard last evening (part of The Cunning Plan to use up more of the milk).

Once lunch and the NZ border patrol are out of the way, then it's the last day (fingers & toes crossed) of the tanking of the garage.

Or at least it is until I find Yet Another Pool of Water in there tomorrow.

Irritatingly enough, whilst cleaning the cooker alcove the other day, I ripped my favourite cords on the corner of a toolbox.

Fi Fi, I declaimed, or words to that effect. I think I've just thought of a way of fixing them, if I can find the stuff*.

*Not likely but you never know.

Lunch: poached tomato and scrambled egg on Morrisons wholemeal sunflower and spelt toast, bramble jelly sandwich on same, red corner yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: NZ Border Patrol: the usual Chinese "Food" smugglers, one with 1000 ciggies which cost him $1100 altogether, an unfortunate chap who'd been arrested at the age of 17 for doing naughty things with a13 year old, refused entry (as it were), the bust for drug supply didn't help either.

Korean "fabric cleaner" lady who was actually a masseuse/hooker: refused entry.

Californian medicinal ganga grower: didn't know when to STFU: refused entry.

The Polo turning right into the Mail inspection place didn't quite make the turn today.

Shirts out of the TD & roughly iRoned.

Cottons out of the WM & into the TD.

More potching in and out of the garage, hopefully the end of it, though I suspect The Return of The Puddle will scupper that when the monsoon returns.

Cottons out of the TD & airing over the banisters.

Entertainment: Feedback on R4: only listening to this for the STFU moment for Bozo Bunter the fat owl of the Remove on "Today" the other week.

Tea: Tesco breaded haddock, the last of the pear halves, a yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

now, if only Joy of Painting was on this evening.

Entertainment: Discovering David "Niv" Niven.

Thing about the Clyde River.

Susan Calman hurtling around north Wales.

Portmeirion, plus Rover. And a bunch of Prisoner nutjobs.

Walking Cornwall's lost railways.
    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 22 October 2021, 19:22.
    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Got my buttered wholemeal toast in early today

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
        Did you post that by Telex?
        No, my wife was busy cleaning the machine. I'm posting by tethering my phone to my computer.
        …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
          Morning all
          TFIF, etc.

Yesterday Openreach were working at the bottom of our lane. Not sure what on, nothing to do with us.
          Today our broadband has gone down.

Coincidence?
          Oh the old joy of stealing one connection to fix the other one.

Can keep an openreach person busy for weeks.
          merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post

Oh the old joy of stealing one connection to fix the other one.

Can keep an openreach person busy for weeks.
            Back up and running again, which means I can now get back to "work", for the last week that has been a back and forth with the helpdesk as to why they revoked my access to certain systems - the new claim today is that my password has expired, so I've duly changed it and sent the screenshots of no access.
            One of the IT directors, who knows how much I cost, decided he would try to help, but has failed so far. I told him yesterday that if I'd known the issue would take so long, I would have taken a few days off, but since I didn't, he's going to have to pay.

He's agreed.

If it's not sorted by 2pm today, I'll be shutting down with 40 hours claimed.
            …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Lunch has been a roast beef bap (wholemeal)

Very variable weather out there today; incredibly gloomy for a while, then sunny, then back into the gloom. I'm trying to decide whether to go to Sainsbury's; I don't need anything in the sense of really needing it, and there's limited room in the fridge and freezer. On the other hand, there are a few bits I could pick up, and it gets me out for a bit and gives the Toyota a chance to charge itself

Comment

Just phoned the surgery to book a flu jab. Monday, half two

Comment

I was wasting so much time telling myself I didn't need to go to Sainsbury's and then wondering if maybe I did that I just went

Didn't need much, as previously stated, but I probably would have had to go on Monday or Tuesday, and now won't

Comment

In looking at my to-do list for Saturday, I have determined that I do have time between the hairdresser and bra fitting to get over to Moorgate and check out the pub.

Fortunately, it's all on the Circle line and it's supposedly running for a change.

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post

No, my wife was busy cleaning the machine. I'm posting by tethering my phone to my computer.
                      Monday may be dicey then.
                      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Working...
                      X