• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post

The one with John Houseman or the other one?
    With, it seems - the one directed by John Carpenter from 1980

There's a new series of Police Interceptors so that took care of providing something to watch during dinner

And then some more of The Repair Shop. I noticed that today's one included "a letterpress" so had a sneak peek ahead to see if it was an Adana 8-5 like mine. But it's a fair bit older, though I am left wondering if it's one of their earlier models, possibly an Adana No. 1 vertical platen from 1934. Anyway, I daresay I'll find out when I watch the programme

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning all

Murky out, the sun hasn't made it to a gap in the clouds yet.

I was supposed to be going to Amsterdam for a client meeting in December to discuss a new venture starting next year*. Unfortunately they have had to cancel it.

*Honestly, it wasn't a 3 day Christmas party where discussions of rates took place for 30 minutes and projects allocated out to vendors based on who was still standing at 3am.
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Morning all

Blue sky, dry. Chilly at 6 degrees and a high of 11 later. Cloud cover set to increase as the day progresses and there's a small chance of a shower later. Barometer down a touch to 1024 mBar.

Very, very tired this morning. Was sorely tempted to have a duvet day. Most of my OU assignment is done, just the essay to write about action potentials. HWMBO did the trundling last night for me and that has been transferred from the top step to the pile on the pavement.

Today's Kantar diary fact is:
        'Call of Duty: Black Ops 2' grosses US$500 million in 24 hours, becoming one of the biggest games launch of all time 2012

(what terrible grammar)

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post

With, it seems - the one directed by John Carpenter from 1980
          Ah, when Ms Curtis was at her pneumatic best.

Morning.

Grey.

Dark.

Sunless.

Dank.

Dreary.

Damp.

16.1 deg in here.

1020 mBar, 30.12 in Hg, 765 Torr, 68% RH.

Tuesday.

TV Times purchased. Nearly time for the Xmas edition.

Walk (unabbreviated) walked in the unseasonal heat :sweat:

Lunch: Heinz lentil & ham soup with Morrisons wholemeal sunflower and spelt bread, bramble jelly sandwich on same, red pippy corner yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea and a mango (14p reduced).

Entertainment: Oz Customs thing: Romanian chap with a "Canadian passport" turned around since the passport presumably belonged to someone else until his photo was substituted for the original. NZ Border Patrol: nearly word perfect on those so didn't bother.

Rained.

Waited a bit & attempted a potch, but the rain beat me back to the house so I tidied up the components store a bit instead.

Tea: Tesco chunky breaded haddock, very nice, some tinned pears, a yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: Discovering Katherine Hepburn.

Quantum Leap: the lawyer one.

Joy of Painting: duly achieved.

The Rookie: 2nd part of a lively one.

Uncharted Mysteries on Blaze: less nutjobbery on this one.
          Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 16 November 2021, 22:10.
          When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning denizens

A grey day again here, currently 9°C and officially described as "haze" although it's probably foggier out in the countryside, as usual. It should reach 11° later, and the barometers are distinctly down at 1014/1022mB

Had quite a decent night's sleep apart from sone weirdness that woke me briefly around 4am, though I can't remember what it was

Comment

Blue here, not a cloud in sight! Much better than the forecast.

Updatipuss. Darn. Clouds coming from the East now. Prob. grey & crappy when I do me toothpaste inspections this afternoon. Arty farty thing with old loonies this morning.
              Last edited by xoggoth; 16 November 2021, 10:58.
              bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
              John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Lunch was chicken and barley soup with multiseed bread

And after that: walk briskly walked, green ring closed

This included the necessary detour via the pharmacy, so that's this month's prescription collected too

Comment

On a call where an IT Director has said "The flogging will continue until morale improves"
                  …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                    On a call where an IT Director has said "The flogging will continue until morale improves"
                    Oh the joys of management calls.
                    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

HWMBO made soup for lunch (sweet potato and carrot and other random veg that needed using up).

Comment

Working...
                      X